The 43rd annual Albany Miss Flame festivities runs today and Saturday at the village park.
Bill Stoermer, communication manager at Exelon Nuclear’s Quad-Cities Generating Station, will serve as master of ceremonies.
Contests included in the event are:
Miss Flame Contest
Current Miss Flame, Elizabeth Sanquist, 18, of Albany, daughter of Rene Sanquist and Andy and Sherri Sanquist, will give her final speech and walk during the contest. The contest will be held after the parade at 6:30 p.m. at the park Saturday.
Contestants for Miss Flame are:
• Sara Naftzger, 16, daughter of Keith and Tina Naftzger of Albany.
• Autumn Hutton, 14, daughter of Robert and Teresa Hutton of Albany.
• Katy Naftzger, 13, daughter of Dave and Jackie Naftzger of Fulton.
• Heidi Holcomb, 14, daughter of Micki and David Holcomb of Albany.
Miss Spark Contest
Emma Bell, daughter of Rich and Suzie Bell of Fulton, Ill., will relinquish her crown during the contest at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
Contestants vying for the Miss Spark title include:
• Brenna Bell, 7, daughter of Rich and Suzie Bell of Fulton.
• Ashley Maze, 9, of Albany, daughter of Shawn and Lori Maze of Albany.
• Jenna Anderson, 8, daughter of Derrick and Richelle Anderson of Albany.
• Kaitlyn Bruggenwirth, 8, daughter of Laurie and Steve Bruggenwirth of Albany.
• Mackenzie Wallace, 7, daughter of Sonia Wallace of Albany.
• Lena Litherland, 7, daughter of Brandon and Shelly Litherland of Albany.
Pretty Baby Contest
Contestants vying for the title include:
• Brennon Wiersema, son of Kyle and Erica Wiersema.
• Brooke Bruggenwirth, daughter of Steve and Laurie Bruggenwirth.
• Brielle Bitler, daughter of Don Bitler and Emily Graves.
• Brycen Dauen, son of Sheena Quick and Byron Dauen.
• Henry Hall, son of Josh and Linsey Hall.
• Ryleigh VanZuiden, daughter of Tara Dersham and Jeff VanZuiden.
Dick and Linda Schipper of Albany have been chosen as grand marshals of the parade.
Dick has been a volunteer with the Albany Fire Department since 1969, holding positions of captain, assistant fire chief and fire chief, retiring at 65 in 2009.
He has also served on the Emergency 911 council until earlier this year.
Linda was active as an extinguishette and still volunteers her time with the organization.
Dick and Linda have two sons, Scott and Brian, who are on the Albany Fire Department. They also have six grandsons and a granddaughter.