No one was injured and a cat was saved in a house fire at 101 S. Main St. on Thursday.

The blaze occurred around 11:26 a.m. Thursday. The fire started from a burning candle in the kitchen in the lower level of the house, according to Karen Hanson, who lives in the house with her mother Marge Holcomb.

Hanson said she was not in the house when the fire occurred. Holcomb was in the house at the time and her hair was singed, but had no serious injuries, according to Hanson.

The Albany Fire and Ambulance responded to the fire and received assistance at the scene from several surrounding communities, including the Cordova and Fulton fire departments.