- Business & Technology
Travelers fly on Air Twitter
The enlightened age of social media has dawned over the airline industry, casting shadows over telephone call centers and on-site agents. Facebook and Twitter are racking up the friends and followers while the hold music plays on.
VIDEO: White House may ban selfies
The White House wasn't too pleased after Red Sox player David Ortiz snapped a selfie with President Obama that was later used promotionally by Samsung.
3 apps to make your flight easier
Whether you fly once a week for work or once a year for a vacation, you can bet that all areas of your trip are being monitored by smart phones. While it isn't hard to find an app with your flight info, some apps make the process of flying a lot simpler.
- Bank, students earn integrity awards DEWITT -- A DeWitt bank will earn an integrity award. DeWitt Bank and Trust has won a Quad Cities Better Business Bureau Integrity award. BBB President Chris Coleman said these awards showcase businesses that uphold trust, reliability and ethics. DeW
- New owner takes over strip mall FULTON, Ill. -- Growth in business may be on the rise in Fulton now that a five-unit strip mall that sat vacant for several years is ready to be utilized. Craig Wilson is the property's new owner, closing on the mall on March 28. While he has an exte
Amazon introduces Fire TV to challenge Apple in living rooms
Amazon.com Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos is stepping up efforts to win over customers in their living rooms with a $99 TV box for watching digitally delivered shows and movies, challenging Apple's TV device.
Jury selection begins in Apple-Samsung case
Jury selection began Monday in the latest legal battle between the fiercest rivals in the world of smartphones, with Apple and Samsung accusing each other, once again, of ripping off designs and features.
- Hampton earns honor for performance CLINTON -- A Clinton hotel has been honored for top performance in its company. The Hampton Inn earned the Lighthouse award by Hilton Worldwide, designating the facility as one of the hotel chain's top performing hotels among 1,900 Hampton properties
Shop offers alternative to cigarettes
CLINTON — Having a quick cigarette break has taken on a whole new meaning in the 21st century, and one local business woman is doing her part to join the growing trend of electronic cigarettes.
- Grain mostly lower, livestock mostly higher CHICAGO (AP) -- Grain futures were mostly lower Wednesday on the Chicago Board of Trade. Wheat for March delivery was 13.75 cents lower at $5.8875 a bushel; March corn was 9 cents lower 4.17 a bushel; March oats advanced 13 cents to $3.7650 a bushel;
- More Business & Technology Headlines
- Travelers fly on Air Twitter