Connie Schmitz loves working with nails.
For the past year, Schmitz has operated her business Piggies out of Eastern Iowa Hair, 705 Washington Blvd., Camanche. While she does both hands and feet, Schmitz said her real strength is her pedicures.
“I believe the feet are your foundation of your health,” Schmitz said.
Schmitz first became interested in working with nails and feet in 2010 when her father was ill. She took care of him and started giving him pedicures and massages. She realized there was a need in Clinton for someone to take care of seniors’ feet. She said they like to be pampered and understand the importance of taking care of their feet.
“My main focus in my business is going to the homes of the elderly,” Schmitz. She can only go in their homes if they are disabled.
Schmitz offers manicures, pedicures, reflexology light-cured polish and living essential oils. She loves using new products and trying new things. She is enjoying using new products such as shatter top coats, glow-in-the-dark polishes and metallic polishes.
“Doing nails is an art. You can use any kind of medium you want,” Schmitz said. “Your mind sets the limits on what you want to do with your nails.”
Schmitz loves designing nails. She has fun adding feathers or foil or little flowers on the nails. If anyone is looking for something different, she said she is up to the challenge.
“Just bring me an idea and I’ll be able to do it,” Schmitz said.
Schmitz said she is starting to slowly get the word out. For an appointment, call (563) 212-5414. She is available every day, except Sunday.
“If you haven’t had a manicure and a pedicure for a while, you need to try it because there is just so much more out there than there was five years ago,” Schmitz said.
Connie Schmitz loves working with nails.
- 7G Distributing set to acquire Davenport company CLINTON — Ron Kirchhoff of 7G Distributing LLC announced Monday that an agreement has been reached to acquire Vanguard Distributing of Davenport pending final approval of their respective suppliers. 7G Distributing LLC, is an Anheuser-Busch wholesale
- The holiday spirit CLINTON -- A jumble of Halloween, Christmas and other seasonal items can be found in the Gateway area, as retail stores are preparing for the upcoming holidays. The garden center in Wal-Mart has been taken over by Christmas decorations, with the last
Download and view Progress sections I through IV.
Vinnie's opens doors in downtown Clinton
CLINTON -- Care for a glass of brilliant wine? A speciality cocktail? A bottle of cold craft beer? How about a gourmet appetizer? The owner of Clinton's newest drinking establishment believes her business is just the place for someone looking for a m
- Sears named Premier Store CLINTON -- The Sears Hometown Store of Clinton has been named a 2013 recipient of the honor of Sears Hometown Premier Store. This award recognizes Sears Hometown stores across the country that offer high levels of customer service, store performance
- Towns get money CLINTON -- Alliant Energy will donate money again this year for more trees in Clinton. The utility, along with Trees Forever, announced Thursday more than $100,000 of grants being awarded to Iowa communities, including $9,947 for trees to be planted
- Lohman appointed to board FULTON, Ill. -- Brett M. Lohman was recently appointed to the board of directors of Central Banc, Inc., the holding company of Central Bank Illinois headquartered in Geneseo, Ill. The company has locations in the communities of Andover, Fulton and P
New fashion store to open in Clinton
More of the latest fashion styles will be at the fingertips of local fashionistas with the opening of a Cato women’s fashion store. The trendy store will be a welcome addition to Bella Rose Center, 2715 South 25th Street, which will now be completely occupied.
Piggies offers multiple services
Connie Schmitz loves working with nails. For the past year, Schmitz has operated her business Piggies out of Eastern Iowa Hair, 705 Washington Blvd., Camanche.
TCC Verizon adds location
Regional Manager Alan Hon is excited for the newest TCC location, 1205 N. Second St.
- More Business Headlines