The Clinton Herald, Clinton, Iowa

October 1, 2013

Material on stove caused trailer fire

By Samantha Pidde Herald Staff Writer
The Clinton Herald

---- — CLINTON — A cause has been determined in a Saturday kitchen fire at a Camanche trailer.

A Camanche Fire Department press release states that material left on a stove caught fire when the resident went to use the stove. The fire department was dispatched at 3:35 p.m. to Lot 85 Cedar Heights, Camanche.

Firefighters arriving on scene found moderate smoke and visible flames inside the kitchen of the single-family dwelling. The residence was entered and the fire was extinguished. Crews remained on scene for approximately 40 minutes to check for fire extension and extinguish hot spots.

While fire damage was contained to the kitchen, the entire residence suffered some smoke damage. Damage is estimated at $2,000 to the structure and $1,000 to its contents. The residence was insured.