Herald Staff Report
Clinton County voters may notice a change in polling locations as they head to the polls on Tuesday because of reprecincting that occurred earlier in the year.
Clinton County Auditor Eric Van Lancker said some voting precincts were combined for efficiencies and cost savings.
The county reduced the number of polling locations from 30 to 26.
Precinct boundaries in the cities of Camanche, Clinton and DeWitt also were changed.
Voters are encouraged to consult their voter registration card, contact the auditor’s office at 244-0568 or visit www.clintoncounty-ia.gov to check their polling location.
Polling locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday.
Precincts that are affected include:
• Brookfield Township Precinct is now Bloomfield/Brookfield/Delmar Precinct and will vote at Grossman Hall at 309 N. Main St., Delmar.
• Camanche Township Precinct is now Eden/Camanche Precinct and will vote at the Low Moor Community Center at 211 Third Ave., Low Moor.
• Hampshire Township Precinct is now Elk River/Hampshire/Andover Precinct and will vote at the Andover Fire Station at 1367 Washington St., Andover.
• Grant Township Precinct is now Olive/Grant/Calamus Precinct and will vote at the CALCO at 201 Main St., Calamus.
• Washington Township Precinct is now Welton/Washington Precinct and will vote at the Welton Fire Station at 95 Main St., Welton.
Other polling locations are:
• Clinton Ward 1, Precinct 1 — First United Methodist Church, 621 S. Third St., Clinton.
• Clinton Ward 1, Precinct 2 — Chancy Lutheran Church, 2315 Wallace St., Clinton.
• Clinton Ward 2, Precinct 1 — First Presbyterian Church, 400 Fifth Ave. South, Clinton.
• Clinton Ward 2, Precinct 2 — Calvary Baptist Church, 1619 Second Ave. South, Clinton.
• Clinton Ward 3, Precinct 1 — Courthouse, 612 N. Second St., Clinton.
• Clinton Ward 3, Precinct 2 — Ericksen Center, 1401 11th Ave. North, Clinton.
• Clinton Ward 4, Precinct 1 — Administration Building, 1900 N. Third St., Clinton.
• Clinton Ward 4, Precinct 2 — Church of the Open Door, 816 13th Ave. North, Clinton.
• Camanche First Precinct — St. Mark’s Methodist Church, 808 Third St., Camanche.
• Camanche Second Precinct — Church of the Visitation, 1032 Middle Road, Camanche.
• Center Township — Elvira Zion Lutheran Church, 2207 380th Ave., Clinton.
• Deep Creek Township and Goose Lake — Goose Lake City Hall, 1 School Lane, Goose Lake.
• DeWitt Township — First Congregational UCC, 520 E. 11th St., DeWitt.
• DeWitt Precinct 1 — DeWitt Community Center, 512 10th St., DeWitt.
• DeWitt Precinct 2 — American Legion Post 238, 704 Ninth St., DeWitt.
• Low Moor — Low Moor Community Center, 211 Third Ave., Low Moor.
• Liberty Township and Toronto — Toronto Fire Station, 200 Mills St. W, Toronto.
• Orange Township and Grand Mound — G M Community Center, 510 Smith St., Grand Mound.
• Sharon Township and Lost Nation — Sacred Heart Parish Hall, 903 Main St., Lost Nation.
• Spring Rock Township and Wheatland — Wheatland City Hall, 205 Jefferson St. E, Wheatland.
• Waterford Township and Charlotte — Charlotte Fire Station, 102 Charles St., Charlotte.
• Wheatland City Hall, 205 Jefferson St. E, Wheatland.
In addition to the national and state races, voters will find a number of local races on the ballot.
Voters will choose between incumbent Democratic John Staszewski and Republican challenger Tom Determann for County Board of Supervisors.
County Auditor Eric Van Lancker and County Sheriff Rick Lincoln, both Democrats, are running unopposed.