CLINTON — Following last week’s school board election, the Camanche Board of Education swore in the newly-elected members this week.
Director of Business Roxanne Aude administered the oath of office to Mike Dunn, Dan Srp and Larry McDonald. Superintendent Tom Parker thanked exiting member Albert McManus, who did not win the election, for serving for the past two years.
The new board picked Dunn as board president and Srp as vice president. Dunn selected members to serve on five committees.
The placement is: Srp, Dunn and Brad Weber on human resources; McDonald, Molly Jess and Jim Boysen on the policy committee; Srp, Jess and Weber on the planning committee; Jeff Swalve, Dunn and McDonald on the projects committee; Swalve, Srp and Boysen on the audit committee.
The following organizational actions occurred:
• The board reviewed the official election results.
• Aude was sworn in as board secretary and treasurer.
• Jerry VanScoy was reappointed as legal counsel for the district.
• Clinton National Bank and Banker’s Trust Company were designated as official depositories of the district.
• Weber was appointed as the IASB delegate.
• The School Improvement Advisory committee and the Career and Technical Education committee were approved.
The board goal-setting meeting was set for Oct. 29, with dinner at 5:30 p.m. and the meeting at 6 p.m.