- Mercy Auxiliary to host trivia night CAMANCHE -- Mercy Auxiliary will host a trivia night at Imperial Lanes Bowling Alley in Camanche this week. The even will be at 6:30 p.m. Friday. Cost to play is $10 each or $60 per teams of 6 to 8 people. Proceeds benefit Mercy Auxiliary. Cash prize
Camanche toy drive begins
CAMANCHE -- Christmas is a time of joy and goodwill to all, and the men at the Camanche VFW are working diligently to assure that all the children in their community will get to experience the joy of Christmas. Mike Fullerton and Glenn Williams, of t
- Agency eyes service extension CLINTON -- The Clinton County landfill may consider extending services with its contract operator, Progress Contracts, Inc. Brock Swan, of Progress Contracts, Inc., made a proposal at the Clinton County Area Solid Waste Agency meeting Thursday, givin
- Councilwoman tries to reduce rates CLINTON -- Clinton City Councilwoman Jennifer Graf once again attempted to reduce landfill rates to no avail. Graf made a motion during Thursday's Clinton County Area Solid Waste Agency meeting to lower the per person allocation or payment to the CCA
A firefighter's firsthand view
It’s National Fire Prevention Week and to promote fire awareness and safety, the Camanche Fire Department will host its 45th annual Open House on Saturday.
Councilman Kampe drops out of election
Camanche City Councilman Gary Kampe has announced that he will not defend his seat for the upcoming Camanche City Council election in November. Kampe has already filed his nomination papers for the election in November.
Meet Ben LaGrande
CAMANCHE — Ben LaGrange, 39, hopes to expand programs at St. Mark's Methodist Church in Camanche. Ben started at St. Mark's in August as a student pastor. Residing in Bettendorf, he is attending seminary at the University of Dubuque. For the past 15
Three teens save stranded man on Mississippi
Aug. 24 seemed like any other day for Warren Burnett, but what would unfold on that day is something he could have never anticipated.
- Rose Hill Cemetery decorations must be removed CAMANCHE -- Rose Hill Cemetery requests that all decorations be removed by Oct. 15. You may replace decorations after Oct. 22.
- City to negotiate new city hall CAMANCHE -- After months of consideration the Camanche City Council will begin negotiations with Bob Richeson to purchase a building that will serve as the new City Hall. At a meeting on Tuesday, council members deliberated back and forth the pros a
- More Camanche Headlines