The Clinton Herald
---- — CLINTON — A county-wide burn ban has been lifted.
Clinton County Emergency Managements lifted the ban Wednesday. While the burn ban is no longer in effect, citizens are encouraged to use caution and follow these basic guidelines:
• Prior to starting a controlled burn, individuals must notify Clinton County Communications at 242-9211, ext. 4532 or at (800) 462-6530.
• Never burn under windy conditions.
• Always burn against the wind and downhill.
• Only burn when soil moisture is moderate to high.
• Always wear appropriate clothing and have proper fire control equipment on hand.
• Always follow local burning regulations and restrictions. When in doubt, call the local fire department.