Third quarter carries Kings
After a lackluster first half in which his team was outplayed by Camanche, Clinton coach Nick Lawrence saw what he liked in the third quarter. The River Kings scored the first 24 points of the third quarter after leading by two at the half and defeated the Indians 77-45 in the semifinals of the River City Classic boys basketball tournament.
The little guy almost wins
Prince of Peace gave Davenport North a battle Friday night, but, ultimately, the bigger school won as North held on for a 61-51 victory in the first game of the River City Classic boys basketball tournament.
- CCC honor society collects greeting cards for the troops CLINTON -- The Clinton Community College Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society has collected nearly 2,000 of holiday and greeting cards for the troops. Members of PTK worked with CCC staff, faculty, students and community members to collect nearly 2,000 card
- Salvation Army, business pair up to get mattresses to needy CLINTON Ten local families will receive a gift this holiday season thanks to Slumberland Furniture and the Salvation Army. As part of the Making Homes for Holidays' program and the 40 Winks Foundation, Slumberland Furniture in Clinton will donate 10
- Teen sentenced for robbery CLINTON -- An 18-year-old man will serve up to 10 years in prison for a gunpoint robbery at Wild Rose Casino. Destin R. Clark was sentenced in Clinton County District Court on Thursday for flashing a handgun at a 36-year-old Illinois man at Clinto
- Home Free to perform in DeWitt DEWITT -- Straight from NBC-TV's fourth season of The Sing-Off, the vocal band "Home Free" will appear at the Central Performing Arts Center in DeWitt on Friday, Feb. 14, at 7:30 p.m. The Sing-Off Season 4 debuts Monday, Dec. 9, at 8 p.m. and feature
- Clinton man sentenced for writing bad checks to pay for addiction CLINTON -- A Clinton man who wrote bad checks to buy items he traded for drugs will be sent to a residential corrections facility, a Clinton County District Judge ordered Thursday. Michael J. Halsted, 33, pleaded guilty in October to second-degree
- Crafts for sale at Eagle Point Lodge this weekend CLINTON -- Homemade goodies and trinkets are great gifts to give this holiday season, and many local craft enthusiasts will have a chance to view the season's best at the Symphony of Lights craft show on Saturday and Sunday. For the second year, craf
- Eyes to the future Plan Commission settles on unified vision for land use Eyes to the future
Council delays alcohol rules talks
CLINTON -- City officials are kicking the proverbial beer can down the road. During a Rules and Regulations Committee meeting Tuesday, members debated altering the percentage of sales stemming from items other than alcohol and making other changes
- More Clinton Headlines
- Third quarter carries Kings