- Sex abuse trial continues CLINTON -- Assistant County Attorney Ross Barlow began his case Tuesday against a man charged with sexual abuse of a 3-year-old girl. Russell McColley, 39, is charged with second-degree sexual abuse, a class B felony carrying as much as 25 years in
- Clinton defeats West DAVENPORT -- Competing without its No. 2 player wasn't enough to stop Clinton's boys tennis team Tuesday. The River Kings defeated Davenport West 6-3, winning four singles matches and two in doubles. Evan Hood, Cyrus Colah, Sameer Ansari and Connor N
- Cattail Slough closed due to high water FULTON, Ill. -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mississippi River Project announces that Cattail Slough recreation area south of Fulton has been closed due to high water levels. The recreation area will remain closed until it has dried out sufficie
- Local candidates gear up for primary election CLINTON -- The campaign trail is heating up a little early this year for Iowa politicians as the primary election is on the horizon and many challengers await. Three Republican primary races are causing those candidates to get their names and faces o
MAP: January & February arrests by ward
The monthly arrest reports for January and February indicate 139 total arrests were made by Clinton police during that time period.
UPDATED: School board finalizes new budget, cuts positions
Job cuts in the Clinton School District were made official this week.
Clinton School Board members approved 12 job cuts in February to make up a $907,751 deficit in the fiscal year 2014-15 school district budget. On Monday, the board unanimously approved the final budget, which included the cuts.
County hears jail proposal
CLINTON -- A needs assessment study on the Clinton County Jail and communications department is bringing forth more questions on how the city and county will proceed. Former Clinton County Justice Coordinating Commission Coordinator Brian McKenrick a
- Sex abuse trial under way in Clinton CLINTON -- Prosecutors will present their case today in the trial of a Clinton man accused of sexual abusing a 3-year-old girl. The trial against Russell S. McColley, 39, began late Monday afternoon. He is charged with second-degree sexual abuse, a c
- Gateway to Octagon CLINTON -- Todd Monaghan isn't the type who most would consider a fighter, but that's exactly what his next mission is. Monaghan, a Clinton native, will compete in Fox Sports 1's latest edition of The Ultimate Fighter, which begins Wednesday at 9 p.m
- Clinton hammered in road-trip opener DAYTON, Ohio -- Gloomy skies, gloomy performance. The Clinton LumberKings began a six-game road trip Monday night against the Midwest League Eastern Division-leading Dayton Dragons with a 13-5 loss. The Dragons scored two runs in the first inning and
- More Clinton Headlines