- Kings win title at Dunsworth Relays DAVENPORT -- Deshond Robinson anchored the winning 1,600-meter relay, and that victory gave Clinton the margin of victory as it won the title at the Ira Dunsworth Relays in boys track and field Thursday night. It was the first time Clinton had won th
- Deferred judgment in forgery case CLINTON -- A Clinton County district court judge granted a deferred judgement to a Clinton woman whao admitted to forging a check in another person's name. Defense attorney Sandra Trevino told Judge Stuart Werling on Thursday that her client, Phylli
- Clinton tops Northeast 5-0 CLINTON -- The Northeast boys soccer team has some youth, but it hung around with Clinton for the first half. Then, the flood gates opened in the second half as the River Kings defeated the Rebels 5-0. "We controlled the game from the outset, winnin
Clinton upends Bettendorf in home opener
CLINTON -- Following a state championship last year, the Clinton girls' tennis team returned home hoping to repeat what it did in 2013. And they're off to a fine start. Clinton defended its home court by defeating Mississippi Athletic Conference riv
- Clinton 5th at North Scott ELDRIDGE -- Clinton finished fifth Wednesday night at the Lancer Relays, scoring 62 points while the winner was Davenport Assumption with 125 points. Kim Kaster was the lone River Queen to win a race, and that was in the 3,000-meter run with a time o
- Deferred judgment rejected CLINTON -- A Clinton County district court judge rejected a deferred judgment request for a Calamus woman who admitted to denying medical care to her 6-week-old baby girl after a Feb. 17, 2013, injury. Defense Attorney Les Blair told the court Thursd
- Clinton takes series vs. Lake County CLINTON -- The Clinton LumberKings jumped out to a 9-0 lead and eventually picked up their first double-digit win, and first series win, with a 12-2 victory. The win propelled Clinton back above .500 at 4-3 and pushed them into a five-way tie for se
- Clinton's own drive-in theater Spring brings many thoughts, but taking the family out to see a big-screen movie at the Clinton Drive-In Theatre on Iowa 136 and North 16th Street is sadly no longer an option. Large families were thirsting for family activities after World War II.
UPDATED: Boutwell sentenced to up to 75 years in prison
A Clinton man has been sentenced to up to 75 years in prison in connection with charges of sexual abuse and exploitation of a little girl.
In March, Jason Boutwell, 33, was found guilty of seven charges of second-degree sexual abuse, a Class B felony, and 60 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, production, a Class C felony.
Take Back the Night seeks change
CLINTON -- Marcia Lathrop and Kris Ayala have witnessed and experienced sexual abuse and domestic violence. According to Clinton YWCA Executive Director Shannon Sander-Welzien, someone is raped in this country every 1.3 seconds. On average, a child w
- More Clinton Headlines