- Lyons library branch will cease operating CLINTON -- The phone rings again Monday morning in Library Director Amy Birtell's basement office at the Clinton Public Library. For the last week, since the Clinton City Council approved a $40,783 cut of her budget, it's been ringing "non-stop," Bir
- Clinton ousted at home CLINTON -- Once the playoffs roll around, throw win-loss records out the window. Cedar Rapids Washington, which entered Monday's Class 4A substate quarterfinal with just five wins, came into Yourd Gym and defeated Clinton 69-58. "If you watched tha
- PPEL vote under consideration CLINTON - During Monday's budget discussion for the Clinton School District, its school board got a first glance at what Fiscal Year 2014-2015 finances could look like. While district business manager Cindy McAleer said Clinton isn't in the dark, t
- Faulty detector brings fire department to high school CLINTON -- Clinton High School was evacuated Monday morning due to a faulty detector. The Clinton Fire Department was called to the school a few minutes after 11:30 a.m. for a report of a fire alarm. Lt. Nick Carlson confirmed the alarm was caused by
Jones becomes Clinton's all-time scoring leader
Jalen Jones scored 21 points, surpassing Dick Farwell as the leading scorer in school history, and led Clinton to a 50-40 victory against Burlington on Friday.
CHS seniors star on Senior Night
Clinton's two seniors, Erin Wenzel and Jordan Nelson, combined for 41 points on Senior Night and led the River Queens to their second consecutive girls basketball win, a 64-45 victory against visiting Burlington on Friday.
Shop offers alternative to cigarettes
CLINTON — Having a quick cigarette break has taken on a whole new meaning in the 21st century, and one local business woman is doing her part to join the growing trend of electronic cigarettes.
Alleged burglar held for 2012 local crime spree
CLINTON -- A primary suspect for a string of 2012 Clinton burglaries and thefts has been arrested and is currently being held in the Clinton County Jail. Dubuque police arrested Cory J. Mitchell, 37, on Monday on 11 warrants for felony charges. Mitch
- Man accidentally sets self on fire CLINTON -- The condition is unknown for a homeless man who accidentally set himself on fire Saturday night. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City staff were unable Wednesday to release the condition of Eric Manning, 33. Clinton Police
- Anxiety linked to higher risk DALLAS -- New prevention guidelines, programs to control blood pressure, getting more people to access cardiac rehab services and a possible link between digestive bacteria and heart disease risk are included in a recap of last year's top cardiovascu
- More Clinton Headlines