'Hats Off' Art exhibit covers downtown (With Map & Video)
CLINTON -- A clown. Clinton High wrestlers. An expecting mother. A young Mozart. These faces and more all peered through downtown storefronts Thursday. They're there again today, too. Looking back at them was photographer Jean Black. They are her way
Monaghan wins his first fight
LAS VEGAS -- Clinton native Todd Monaghan won his first fight on The Ultimate Fighter's 19th season premiere by defeating Jake Huen for a spot to get into the house on the reality show. Much like his life, Monaghan fough
- LumberKings end a four-game slide BOWLING GREEN, Ky. -- The Clinton LumberKings used a 5-run 6th inning to snap a four-game losing streak Thursday night against the Bowling Green Hot Rods. The win was the L'Kings' sixth of the season, and they picked up a game on five of the six team
- A big love for books CLINTON -- Sharing a love for books is something members of the Clinton Public Library have always promoted and embraced. On Wednesday, they will join the rest of the world in spreading that love throughout communities. World Book Night, which conve
Fire alarm evacuation at Eagle Heights
Students of Eagle Heights Elementary School were evacuated Thursday afternoon after staff smelled something being emitted in the first-grade hallway and main office areas.
According to a press release from the Clinton Community School District, staff noticed the smell at approximately 1:10 p.m. It was then determined the fire department should be notified, and the fire alarm was pulled. The building was evacuated quickly and the Clinton Fire Department responded immediately.
UPDATED: McColley found not guilty of sex abuse
Relief showed on the faces of Russell McColley and his family Thursday as a verdict of not guilty was read in court.
"Our prayers were answered, that's all I have to say," Tracy Hook, McColley's sister, said.
McColley was facing a charge of second-degree sexual abuse. If he had been convicted of the class B felony, he could have faced as much as 25 years in prison.
AGENDA: 4-21-14 Clinton School Board Committee of the Whole
The Clinton Community School Board will meet April 21 at 6 p.m. at the Clinton Administration Center.
- Court denies man's appeal in robbery CLINTON -- The Iowa Court of Appeals has upheld a conviction of a man who robbed a Clinton pawn shop in 2012. Darrell L. Thomas recently appealed his first-degree robbery conviction to the Iowa Court of Appeals. The court released its decision Wednes
Let it grow (with Video)
CLINTON - A new generation of trees will be planted by a young generation of Irish. Wednesday during class, Lisa Golden's Prince of Peace Prep third-graders continued their year-long biology education with the help of Clinton's Trees Forever organiza
- LumberKings let one get away vs. Dayton DAYTON, Ohio -- For eight innings, the Clinton LumberKings were on their way to ending a three-game losing streak, as their pitchers mowed down Dayton's batters. But the Dragons finally struck in the ninth inning, tying the game, then they handed the
- More Clinton Headlines
- 'Hats Off' Art exhibit covers downtown (With Map & Video)