Man sentenced for sex abuse
CLINTON -- A Clinton County District Court judge sentenced a man to as much as 10 years for having sex with a mentally disabled 14-year-old female. "Frankly it's hard to imagine a more reprehensible crime," Judg
- Volunteers work to get food to the needy United Way of Clinton County, Iowa hosted its first Hunger Luncheon at Zion Lutheran Church in Clinton on Nov. 8. The 72 participants were served a meal that someone who is food-insecure might have: soup, bread and a beverage. Program hosts Pastor J
- Jacobs embarks on tour CLINTON -- Mark Jacobs, the seventh candidate to enter the race for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate, stopped in Clinton on Thursday as part of his 26-city announcement tour. Jacobs, 51, of West Des Moines, is the former chief financia
- HUGS collection provides warmth to local children CLINTON -- Area residents have a chance to help those in need keep warm during the winter months by providing hats, underwear, gloves and socks. The Clinton Herald is once again holding its HUGS collection to benefit people through the Holiday Netwo
Girls basketball: Cardinals move to 3-1
Erie used a balanced attack to beat Rockridge 36-29 on Friday for its third consecutive win in high school girls basketball.
Saints advance to tourney final
Ashford defeated Presentation on Friday to advance to the championship of the Moody Bible Institute Tournament in men's basketball.
- Judge selection process narrowed to two CLINTON -- The Seventh Judicial District Judicial Nominating Commission has nominated two people to potentially fill the opening created by the resignation of Judge Gary D. McKenrick. The nominees are Kimberly K. Shepherd and Stuart Werling. Gov. Ter
- Department undergoes changes CLINTON -- The city of Clinton is looking for a new image regarding the Building and Neighborhood Services department, and if the last three months are any indicator, they're happy with the results. City Administrator Jessica Kinser sent a memo to C
- Community group eyes new location for clinic CLINTON -- Facing mounting opposition from Clinton residents, community leaders met Thursday to discuss locations for a low-income healthcare clinic other than downtown parkland. Community Health Care, Inc., a Quad-Cities based healthcare company w
Clintonians share their memories of Nov. 22, 1963
CLINTON — "Kennedy Envisions An Historic New Era Ahead"
- More Clinton Headlines
- Man sentenced for sex abuse