Strong second half leads Kings to 5-0 soccer win
Clinton scored five goals in the second half to beat Northeast 5-0 on Friday in boys soccer.
- Board mulls over glass recycling CLINTON -- Plans are continuing at the Clinton County Area Solid Waste Agency to investigate a contract for glass recycling. Director of Operations and Education Brad Seward on Thursday told the CCASWA board that he is still working with Ripple Glass
Luau raises funds to support programming
CLINTON -- Hundreds of supporters and volunteers gathered Friday night to endorse a lifesaving organization in the Gateway area. The 10th annual Gateway Area Red Cross Luau kicked off the night at the Tuscany Event Center at Rastrelli's with a buffet
- Late goal seals win for Queens CLINTON -- Hannah Dehner and her Clinton High girls soccer teammates figured it was just a matter of time before they broke through with some insurance goals. While one of the Clinton co-coaches said it probably was good for the River Queens to play
Meet Your Neighbor: Gardening serves multiple purposes
CLINTON -- For Kathy Anderson, gardening is something she has always enjoyed. "For as long as I remember, I have been obsessed with being outside," Kathy said. "My mother never had to ask twice for me to go outside and play." At 5 and 6 years old, Ka
- LumberKings winthird straight game CLINTON -- A new team came to town, but the result was the same, as Clinton took down the Fort Wayne TinCaps, the third consecutive victory for the LumberKings in Midwest League baseball Friday night. A night after setting a season high with 14 hits,
- Peace Soup completes 7th year CLINTON -- Peace Soup concluded its seventh year this week. Peace Soup was held for five Tuesdays during the Lenten season. The series for 2014, "Interfaith Connections to Peace," featured the topic of Christianity. Elizabeth Liggett, pastor at St.
Clinton hero laid to rest
ROCK ISLAND, Ill.-- After 70 years, Lt. Louis L. Longman, of Clinton, finally has been laid to rest with full military honors in the Rock Island Arsenal National Cemetery. First Lt. Chaplin Jacob Grenier, of Muscatine, performed Catholic burial rite
- Kings win title at Dunsworth Relays DAVENPORT -- Deshond Robinson anchored the winning 1,600-meter relay, and that victory gave Clinton the margin of victory as it won the title at the Ira Dunsworth Relays in boys track and field Thursday night. It was the first time Clinton had won th
- Deferred judgment in forgery case CLINTON -- A Clinton County district court judge granted a deferred judgement to a Clinton woman whao admitted to forging a check in another person's name. Defense attorney Sandra Trevino told Judge Stuart Werling on Thursday that her client, Phylli
- More Clinton Headlines
- Strong second half leads Kings to 5-0 soccer win