The Clinton Herald, Clinton, Iowa

Z_CNHI News Service

March 6, 2014

2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles

Health officials say packages of Original Skittles sold at a convenience store in Richmond, Ind., were contaminated, and two people who ate from a package were hospitalized with symptoms including burning throats, cramping and diarrhea.

According to a news release from the Indiana State Department of Health, the packages contained “unconfirmed chemical substances.” Indianapolis TV station WISH-TV reported a spokesperson said it was unknown if the candy had been tampered with, but laboratory tests, the results of which are due in a few days, should provide more information.

Officials from the Indiana State Police, the Indiana Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have also joined the investigation, according Cincinnati TV station WLWT.

1
Text Only
Z_CNHI News Service
Front page
Clinton Herald Photos


Browse, buy and submit pictures with our photo site.

Poll

What are your plans for the weekend?

Enjoying the outdoors
Staying in out of the heat
Traveling
Other
     View Results
AP Video
Olympics 2014
Featured Comment
Featured Ads
Blue Zones Project
Parade
Magazine

Click HERE to read all your Parade favorites including Hollywood Wire, Celebrity interviews and photo galleries, Food recipes and cooking tips, Games and lots more.