- CNHI News Service Originals
VIDEO: Food stamp benefits drop on Friday
Americans who receive food stamps will see their benefits drop on Friday, when a temporary boost from the 2009 economic stimulus runs out. Congress is negotiating more possible food stamp cuts, as part of a wide-ranging farm bill.
5 myths about the Affordable Care Act
As the debate surrounding the Affordable Care Act continues, let's look at some of the most persistent myths about the law — and some new ones that have cropped up.
VIDEO: Pit bulls, parolees join forces in Louisiana
The star of Animal Planet's "Pit Bulls and Parolees" moved her family and her show to New Orleans, where hurricanes and dog fighting have left animals abandoned and abused. The show pairs dogs with ex-convicts who work and care for them.
Families of teen, baby crushed by tree awarded $3.7 million
A jury awarded $3.7 million to the families of a 17-year-old girl and her unborn baby who were killed when they were crushed by a tree at a public housing complex in central Kentucky.
VIDEO: Rare 'Star Wars' blooper reel surfaces
A collection of clips — some of them without sound — from the first “Star Wars” film has garnered more than 1.5 million views on YouTube since being uploaded over the weekend.
VIDEO: Sandy one year later, by the numbers
One year later, the numbers of the legacy of Sandy are still staggering. Here's what you need to know.
VIDEO: N.C. fair ride accident under investigation
State and County officials in Raleigh, North Carolina plan to investigate the accident at the State Fair Thursday night. Five people went to the hospital after an accident involving a ride called the 'Vortex.'
- PHOTOS: Community mourns teacher killed by 14-year-old student Students at Danvers High School in Massachusetts return to campus Thursday to mourn the loss of math teacher Colleen Ritzer, who police said was killed by 14-year-old student Philip Chism.
- Lobbyists may adopt Newspeak name, but they're still lobbyists Let's take a break from all the manufactured hype about the government shutdown (something like 83 percent of it was operating throughout); the alleged whisker-thin avoidance of the catastrophe of default (the government could still have made interes
VIDEO: Dad recreates Disney park to wear on Halloween
This dad crafted a Disneyland theme park costume to wear on his head for Halloween.
- More CNHI News Service Originals Headlines
- VIDEO: Food stamp benefits drop on Friday