CLINTON — The Clinton County Area Solid Waste Agency announced this week regarding changes to its shut down policy for inclement weather. The agency has added high winds and flooding to its reasons to shut down early or close its gates.
Inclement weather conditions that may lead to temporary closure to the public include, but are not limited to:
• Winds gusting in excess of 40 miles per hour.
• Sustained winds in excess of 35 miles per hour.
• Flooding on or near the facility.
• Snow or ice that limit visibility and/or vehicle mobility.
• Those situations identified as dangerous for travel by the Iowa Department of Transportation or National Weather Service.
If facilities are to be closed due to inclement weather conditions, then major customers and media outlets shall be notified.
For inquiries regarding hours of operation or programs offered by the Clinton County Area Solid Waste Agency, call 243-4749 or visit www.ccaswa.com.