Sullivan-Pope: It's good to be back
Board member Eric Gettes called it a "win-win-win" scenario, and school board president Jim McGraw reiterated his statement made last week: the Clinton School District "couldn't go wrong" in choosing any of its three options to replace ex-board member Devin Guillory.
- Governors group skirts 'radioactive' Core issue NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Reviled by staunch conservatives, the common education standards designed to improve schools and student competitiveness are being modified by some Republican governors, who are pushing back against what they call the federal
- Contracts approved at Central meeting DEWITT — Administrative contracts were approved Wednesday at the Central Community School Board meeting.In a closed session prior to the regular meeting, the board discussed the level of pay increases for any personnel not covered by collective barga
District to pick one of 3 nominees
CLINTON — The way Clinton School Board President Jim McGraw sees it, the district has three good options to fill vacated board member Devin Guillory’s seat.“I just wish that we could put all three of them on the board b
- Students attend national FBLA conference in Nashville CLINTON — Area students recently attended a national leadership conference in Nashville, Tennessee. Five members of the Clinton High School Future Business Leaders of America and 12 Phi Beta Lambda members from Ashford University attended the Nationa
How professors are using Facebook to teach
Technology is an established part of the lives of students. But university lecturers are becoming increasingly frustrated at how they must compete with tablets and laptops for students' attention in the lecture hall.
New York to offer free lunch to all middle-school students
New York's $75 billion spending plan for the fiscal year that began last week includes the first step toward offering free lunch for all 1.1 million students, expanding a program now reserved only for the city's poorest children.
Survey shows colleges flouting sexual assault rules
More than 40 percent of 440 colleges and universities surveyed by Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., haven't investigated a sexual assault in the past five years, according to a report released Wednesday.
JUST IN: Three interested in Guillory's seat
Three former board members have inquired about ex-Clinton Community School board member Devin Guillory's seat, according to district business manager Cindy McAleer. Guillory resigned in June after accepting a job in Saudi Arabia and the district has been fielding interest the last two weeks.
- Sixth-graders get ready for big move GOOSE LAKE — By the start of the new school year, Northeast Middle/High School will be ready to welcome the sixth-grade class, which formerly was housed in the elementary school.Middle/High School Principal Alicia Christiansen is excited to welcome t
- More Education Headlines
- Sullivan-Pope: It's good to be back