Iowa panel advances plan for more preschool funds
A plan to enroll more 4-year-olds in preschools across the state continues to move through the Iowa Senate.
The Senate Appropriations Committee approved the legislation Wednesday, 15-to-5. It is now eligible for floor debate.
- Camanche board passes budget CAMANCHE -- A public hearing on the Camanche School District's budget for next year lasted only one minute Monday. No members of the public attended the meeting. "It's a quick meeting, but it's probably one of the most important votes you take all ye
- District contemplating BANs to finance school CLINTON -- Construction of the new Clinton Middle School has put the Clinton Community School District at its sales tax revenue bond borrowing capacity. To finance what remains of the project, the district may undergo some bonding gymnastics. Last w
- Camanche teacher is living a dream CAMANCHE -- Erin Montgomery is living her dream. After nearly a year worth of research and work, she is the 2015 Iditarod Teacher on the Trail. The Camanche Middle School social studies teacher faced off against two other qualified candidates in the
- Funding education CLINTON -- Residents are invited to test their luck and knowledge later this month at a fundraiser for Prince of Peace Schools. For more than 10 years, the Pot O' Blue and Gold Raffle has been one of the major fundraisers for the district. With Princ
Quinn makes push for MAP grants in statewide tour
Gov. Pat Quinn is promoting his plan to increase the number of need-based scholarships over the next five years.
The Chicago Democrat started a statewide tour Thursday in Chicago's DePaul University and was scheduled to stop in DeKalb and Urbana.
- Math night exposes parents to Iowa Core CLINTON -- The Clinton School District recently held two parent math education nights at Eagle Heights Elementary School. There were approximately 350 parents and students as well as 35 Eagle Heights staff members who attended these two sessions. The
- Scholarship applications accepted DAVENPORT -- 7G Distributing LLC, local Anheuser-Busch Distributer, is partnering with Folds of Honor Foundation to award four $5,000 scholarships to recipients in Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Dubuque and Iowa City. Folds of Honor Foundation provides edu
- U. Iowa meeting launches major operations review IOWA CITY (AP) -- Iowa regents and outside consultants leading a major review of the state's three public universities are facing pointed questions from anxious University of Iowa employees. A town hall-style meeting in Iowa City on Friday marked the
District to showcase achievements
CLINTON -- The Clinton Community School District will toot its own horn this week during the first ever Clinton Royalty Week. The week-long celebration will feature each school and its recent achievements, as well as the support the district receives
- More Education Headlines
- Iowa panel advances plan for more preschool funds