- Plans call for new school additions MILES — Six architect plans each call for new facilities to be built in the Easton Valley School District, according to superintendent Robert Lagerblade. The EV school board and citizens on Thursday can see fine details during an open house of those
- Survey may impact goals CLINTON — When the Clinton Community School Board meets to reassess its annual goals today, an important process will be at hand, Superintendent Deb Olson said.“I believe it’s important because it kind of sets the vision for the district moving forwa
- Honor Roll -- Clinton High School Clinton High School - Third Trimester Honor Roll List Honors 3.0 - 3.499 Michael Alberts, Austin Anderson, Amber Andresen, Jaydon Andrews, Alyxanderia Archer, Shalaya Austin, David Bessellieu, Joseph Brewer, Jamiere Broughton, Danny Bruggenwirth, Hoa
- Some states roll back teacher tenure protections WASHINGTON (AP) -- Even before a judge's scathing ruling against California's teacher tenure policies, the once-sacred protections that make it harder to fire teachers already had been weakened in many states -- and even removed altogether in some pl
- Honor Roll -- Northeast Middle/Senior High School Northeast Middle/Senior High School has released its second semester honor roll: * denotes straight A Seventh Grade Keaton Bormann, Keenan Bredekamp, Faith Brown, *Jarrett Brown, Logan Butler, *Ty Cain, *Payton Claussen, Jalyn Cooper, Julian Creger,
- Education briefs Spring Lake STORM LAKE -- Alyssa Stout, from Goose Lake, was named to the Dean's List for the Spring 2014 semester at Buena Vista University. Students named to the Dean's List must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 for the semester, based on
Quinn signs Illinois early education law
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed a plan into law that guarantees a higher percentage of state grant money be set aside for early education.
The state's $300 million Early Education Block Grant program is geared toward children up to age 5.
Superintendent Deb Olson receives 2.5 percent raise
CLINTON -- The Clinton School Board approved a new three-year contract for superintendent Deb Olson, one that she said will provide her assurance and stability. She will make $160,379 in the 2014-2015 school year, a 2.5-percent increase from this yea
- UPDATED: School board names new Clinton High principal
UPDATED: District rehires recently terminated teacher
Melissa Luckritz, who was terminated for budget reasons last month, will teach third grade at Whittier Elementary.
- More Education Headlines