- Central approves school budget DEWITT -- Four public hearings opened the Central Community School Board meeting last week. There was no input or questions to assist the board in its decision-making on budgets and capital expenditures. An amendment to the current fiscal year budget
- Central eyes name change DEWITT -- It has been more than 50 years, and the Central Community School District of Clinton County is still talking about it -- Its name. Superintendent Dan Peterson for the second time brought the issue to the Central Board at its meeting Wednesd
- Camanche native tapped to head North Scott schools CLINTON -- A Camanche native will return to his roots this June, after being selected as the new superintendent for the North Scott Community School District. Joe Stutting, a 1987 graduate of Camanche High School, has been away from his hometown for
- A worldwide honor CAMANCHE -- In their first year of competition, the Camanche Elementary School Jr. LEGO League team has accomplished more than they ever imagined, capping off the season with a worldwide honor. The six students of Sheryl Kennedy's Jr. LEGO League tea
- Northeast Board OKs initial tax rate GOOSE LAKE-- The Northeast Board of Education has approved a 2015 fiscal year budget at the same rate that it published last year. The approved budget's rate will be $14.83 per $1,000 taxable valuation. "What we approve tonight might not be the fina
Iowa panel advances plan for more preschool funds
A plan to enroll more 4-year-olds in preschools across the state continues to move through the Iowa Senate.
The Senate Appropriations Committee approved the legislation Wednesday, 15-to-5. It is now eligible for floor debate.
- Camanche board passes budget CAMANCHE -- A public hearing on the Camanche School District's budget for next year lasted only one minute Monday. No members of the public attended the meeting. "It's a quick meeting, but it's probably one of the most important votes you take all ye
- District contemplating BANs to finance school CLINTON -- Construction of the new Clinton Middle School has put the Clinton Community School District at its sales tax revenue bond borrowing capacity. To finance what remains of the project, the district may undergo some bonding gymnastics. Last w
- Camanche teacher is living a dream CAMANCHE -- Erin Montgomery is living her dream. After nearly a year worth of research and work, she is the 2015 Iditarod Teacher on the Trail. The Camanche Middle School social studies teacher faced off against two other qualified candidates in the
- Funding education CLINTON -- Residents are invited to test their luck and knowledge later this month at a fundraiser for Prince of Peace Schools. For more than 10 years, the Pot O' Blue and Gold Raffle has been one of the major fundraisers for the district. With Princ
- More Education Headlines