Work continues on STEM wing (with VIDEOS)
GOOSE LAKE — Rising out of the school grounds, the construction of a new athletic center and science wing continues at Northeast Middle/High School in Goose Lake.School administration and the board of education toured the construction site Thursday n
- Exhibit on real Johnny Appleseed will hit the road CINCINNATI — If you picture Johnny Appleseed as a loner wearing a tin pot for a hat and flinging apple seeds while meandering through the countryside, experts say you’re wrong.They’re hoping that a traveling exhibit funded by an anonymous donation to
WIU receives award for improving retention rate
Western Illinois University has received an award for increasing its student retention rate.
- Ashford director appointed to commission CLINTON —The Ashford University campus director has been appointed to a volunteer commission.Charlie Minnick, vice president/campus director of Ashford University, has been appointed by Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad to the Iowa Commission on Volunteer Ser
- Goals demanding but not unreachable CLINTON — A month before the Clinton School Board finalized its 2014-15 goals on Monday, Superintendent Deb Olson set the objectives in motion. This year, that includes continuing the district’s upward-swinging graduation rate, though the board means
Sullivan-Pope: It's good to be back
Board member Eric Gettes called it a "win-win-win" scenario, and school board president Jim McGraw reiterated his statement made last week: the Clinton School District "couldn't go wrong" in choosing any of its three options to replace ex-board member Devin Guillory.
- Governors group skirts 'radioactive' Core issue NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Reviled by staunch conservatives, the common education standards designed to improve schools and student competitiveness are being modified by some Republican governors, who are pushing back against what they call the federal
- Contracts approved at Central meeting DEWITT — Administrative contracts were approved Wednesday at the Central Community School Board meeting.In a closed session prior to the regular meeting, the board discussed the level of pay increases for any personnel not covered by collective barga
District to pick one of 3 nominees
CLINTON — The way Clinton School Board President Jim McGraw sees it, the district has three good options to fill vacated board member Devin Guillory’s seat.“I just wish that we could put all three of them on the board b
- Students attend national FBLA conference in Nashville CLINTON — Area students recently attended a national leadership conference in Nashville, Tennessee. Five members of the Clinton High School Future Business Leaders of America and 12 Phi Beta Lambda members from Ashford University attended the Nationa
- More Education Headlines
- Work continues on STEM wing (with VIDEOS)