• The Clintonish Knitters meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church.
• Ashford University’s Cortona Art Gallery will come alive with stringed puppets during its first exhibit of the fall 2012 semester, “Everyday Marionettes,” from Sept. 17 through Oct. 17.
A reception for artist Ken Vogel will be held on the last day of the exhibit from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Oct. 17 in the gallery. The Cortona Art Gallery is located on the second floor of Ashford University’s Clare Hall at 400 N. Bluff Blvd. The gallery is open to the public for free every weekday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. and for private showings by appointment. For further information, call 242-4023.
• A Constitution Day celebration will be held at Clinton Community College auditorium from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. featuring candidates in the upcoming election. Jose Tapia, MTV star, will also speak during this event about the campaign issues and encouraging students to register and vote.
Voter registration forms will be available at the event. The public is invited to this free event.
• The annual Fulton Fireman's Dance will be at the new fire station. Gates open at 6 p.m. and the department will serve grilled sandwiches throughout the evening.
At 8:30 p.m. the band Dirt Road Rockers with Wyatt Heyvaert will perform until 12:30 a.m. Cost is $5 in advance or $6 at the gate There will be various raffles and giveaways during the event. Proceeds will go toward updating hose nozzles on the fire trucks.
• Paint The Town will be held in Morrison, Ill. Each entrant receives paints, a T-shirt, brushes and the necessary tools to paint a square on Main Street.
Each entrant receives a “goody bag” of sponsor’s promotional items.
• The Ohnward Fine Arts Center in Maquoketa will present “Heartache Tonight” a tribute to the Eagles at 7 p.m.
Tickets for adults are $22 in advance and $25 at the door. Student tickets are $13 in advance and $15 at the door. The show runs approximately 2 hours. Beer and wine will be available. Tickets can be purchased at the Ohnward Fine Arts Center from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Osterhaus Pharmacy and the Maquoketa State Bank Main Office.
• The Clinton Community College Student Senate will host the third annual Cruising with the Cougars Car Show at the college, 1000 Lincoln Blvd.
Tickets are being sold for prizes. Tickets are now available for $2 each or three for $5. Contact Clinton Community College at 244-7006 for more information.
• “Jesus Calms The Storm” is the fourth annual Gala Event at First Baptist Church, 2020 N. Third St., from 6 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $5. There will be a performance by ”Guys In Ties” as well as food, entertainment, door prizes, and live and silent auctions. Proceeds go to help the needy in the community.