• The Left Bank Art League of East Moline, Ill., will exhibit at the River Arts Center in Clinton through April 21. The paintings and raku pottery of nine artists, Sheryl Lammers, Pat Halvorsen, Rose Moore, Judy Gray, Bonnie Grebner, Karen Stewart Casper, Sharon Hanson, Lori Miller and Brent Langley, will be shown.
The River Arts Center is located at 229 Fifth Ave. South in Clinton and is open from 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays and by appointment by calling 243-3300. All exhibits and receptions are free and open to the public.
• Clintonish Knitters meet Thursdays from 5:30 to 7 p.m. and Saturdays between 9 and noon. There is no fee for this group. Stitchers share techniques and the love of knitting or crocheting.
Meetings are at Clinton’s St Pauls Lutheran Church at the corner of Eighth Avenue South and Third Street.
• The Clinton Community College Alumni Association will host a trivia contest at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the CCC auditorium.
Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. and play is at 7 p.m.
The first-place team is awarded $100, with $50 going to the second-place team. Cost is $10 per per- son, with four to eight people per team. Mulligans are available to purchase.
Teams may bring their own refreshments.
This event will benefit CCC students through the Alumni Association scholarship program.
Call 244-7040 for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Stations of the Cross vigil will take place on Good Friday in downtown Clinton. Participants will proceed to several downtown churches where the story of Jesus’ crucifixion will be
shared in Scripture and prayer.
Sites and approximate times include:
- Noon, Immanuel Lutheran Church, 819 S. Fifth St.
- 12:20 p.m., First United Presbyterian Church, 400 Fifth Ave. South.
- 12:35 p.m., Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 316 S. Fourth St.
- 12:50 p.m., Zion Lutheran Church, 439 Third Ave. South.
- 1:05 p.m., Bethel AME Church, 238 Fourth Ave. South.
- 1:20 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 621 S. Third St.
- 1:35 p.m., St. Paul Lutheran Church, 715 S. Third St.
Parking is available in any of the church lots, DeWitt Park lot across from the YWCA and Clinton City Hall. Collection baskets will be available at every church to make donations to Pantries United.
• Whitetail Workshop from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. will be held at Mississippi River Eco Tourism Center, Rock Creek.
Participants should bring in antlers and mounts for scoring and display; smaller racks scored by unofficial scorers, larger racks score by officials.
Trail cam photo contest will include the best trail cam photo. Three categories include antlered deer, anterless deer and other wildlife.
Seminars in Community Room: 11 a.m.: “Whitetail: Treasure, Trophy or Trouble? A History Deer in Iowa,” Larry Stone, author, photographer and former outdoor writer for The Des Moines Register; 1 p.m.: “State of the Herd Address,” Tom Litchfield, Iowa DNR Chief Deer Biologist; and 2 p.m.: “Special Deer Hunts for Youth and Physically Challenged Hunters at the Lost Mound Unit, Savanna, Ill., Alan Anderson, Lost Mound Site Manager, and Ed Britton, Savanna District Manager.
• A father/daughter dance will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 7, at Eagle Point Park lodge.
The event is for all kindergarten through fifth- grade girls and their fathers. If the father cannot attend, participants can bring another adult.
Cost is $10 for one child, and $15 for two or more children. The event features face painting, picture frame and refreshments.
RSVPs are requested by Wednesday, April 3, at the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce. For more information, call 242-5702.
• The Mercy Auxiliary will host a $5 jewelry sale from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. April 8 in the lobby at Mercy Medical Center North. The sale will be at Mercy Medical Center South from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 9 in the lobby on the first floor.
There will be necklaces, watches, rings, bracelets and more. This is open to the public. Credit cards, cash and checks will be taken. The auxiliary raises funds for the advancement of health care in the community.
For more information, call Nan Bovis at 243- 5456.