• The Clinton Area Showboat Theatre has opened the second production of the 2012 summer season with Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine’s “Into the Woods.” It runs through June 24 at the Clinton Area Showboat Theatre. Tickets are $23 for adults, $20 for students and seniors, and $16 for children. For more information visit www.clintonshowboat.org or contact the box office at 242-6760. Box Office hours are: Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.; and Sundays from noon - 4 p.m.
• The River City Municipal Band will perform at 7 p.m. at the Eagle Point Park Lodge.
• Dean Franzen, the Dean of Juggling, will present a thrilling program of juggling a variety of interesting props while riding a unicycle and walking on stilts at 3:30 p.m. at the Ericksen Community Center in Clinton. This program is sponsored by the Clinton County Association of Public Libraries and is free and open to the public. For information call the Clinton Public Library, 242-8441.
• Water Wonders; 10 a.m.; Rock Creek Marina & Campground. This is a hands-on nature class designed for children 3 - 5 years of age while accompanied by an adult. For the hour we will read a story, use nets to scoop out wonderful water creatures and sort them out into simple categories. Be prepared with outdoor clothing, sunscreen and bug repellent.
• Friends of Wapsi Center, Inc. Annual Meeting; 6 p.m.; Rock Creek Marina & Campground. Come join us for the Friends' annual meeting. We will provide entrée and drinks, please bring tableware and a dish to share. After the meal and meeting, join us for a cruise (limited seating) on the Blue Heron Pontoon boat at 7 p.m. with a Clinton County naturalist. Call (563) 328-3286 to register.
• Sunset Cruise; 7 and 5 p.m.; Rock Creek Marina & Campground, Camanche. Every Thursday evening through October, we will be offering naturalist-guided eco cruises aboard the Blue Heron pontoon boat on the Mississippi River. Call (563) 259-1876 to reserve a spot.
• Early Bird Cruise; 9 a.m.; Rock Creek Marina & Campground, Camanche. Every Saturday morning through Labor Day, we will be offering naturalist-guided eco cruises aboard the Blue Heron pontoon boat on the Mississippi River. Call 259-1876 to reserve a spot.
• Nature Center Open; 1-4 p.m.; Eden Valley Refuge, Baldwin. The Nature Center will be open by volunteer hosts. The center features live local reptiles, rocks and minerals, Iowa habitats and artifacts.
• Fish Boil; 5-8 p.m. Rock Creek Marina & Campground, Camanche. Enjoy a Door County-style fish boil dinner with all the trimmings.
• Saturday Night At the Movies; dusk; Eden Valley Refuge, Baldwin. The campground at Eden Valley will show family movies on the big screen for campers and park visitors.
• Public Star Party, Menke Observatory; dusk; Wapsi River Center, Dixon. Mars and Saturn are the brightest planets tonight, easily visible to the southwest. Call (563) 333-6141 on the day of the event to find out if the weather conditions will permit viewing.
•The Ohnward Fine Arts Center will have its first annual Classic, Rod & Custom Car Show in the parking lot at the Ohnward Fine Arts Center. Car registration is from 10 a.m. through noon. All makes and models are welcome. Trophies will be given to the top 20 cars with one Best of Show trophy to be awarded. Cost to enter your car is just $10. Admission to the car show is free. The car show is from noon – 6 p.m. Anyone entering a vehicle in the car show can receive two tickets to the evening concert for $15 each. At 7 p.m., stick around for Denny & the DC Drifters concert on the stage. Tickets for adults are $22 (in advance) and $25 (at the door); students $13 (in advance) $15 (at the door). Tickets for the concert can also be purchased at The Ohnward Fine Arts Center (from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.), Osterhaus Pharmacy and the Maquoketa State Bank Main Office.