CLINTON — The Clinton Community College Maquoketa Center is hosting a variety of classes during the coming months.
• Welding & Technology, Fundamentals: Tuesdays, Thursdays Sept. 10 - Oct. 17 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Maquoketa High School Welding Lab, Cost: $300. Class #129253.
This class is designed to cover the fundamentals of welding. Class includes hands-on instruction and practice in gas cutting and welding, arc welding in various positions and basic MIG welding. Other topics include safe use of welding equipment and machinery, abrasive cut-off saws, shears, grinders and various tools common to the welding field. Participants will receive 36 training hours for this course.
• Manufacturing Fundamentals: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 10 to Nov. 14 - from 4:30-8:30 p.m. Maquoketa High School Welding Lab. Cost: $750. Class #129265
This course includes studies in the areas of Plant Safety, Math for Manufacturing Technologies, Blueprint Reading and Machine Shop Measuring. This class helps students develop the skills to handle a variety of basic tasks within the manufacturing environment.
• Indian Style Market Basket: Thursday, Sept. 12 from 5:30 to 9 p.m. at the CCC Maquoketa Center. Cost: $15. Class #129251
This small basket is a reproduction of a larger Indian lunch tote. It features a wrapped, self-made handle and cross-stitch overlays. In this class you will be taught all the basics for weaving a market-style basket. A materials fee of $12 is payable to the instructor at time of class.
• Beginning Computers/Seniors: Wednesdays, Sept. 18 to Oct. 9 from 9 to 11 a.m. at CCC Maquoketa Center. Cost: $49. Class #129258.
Are you just beginning to use computers? This class is for you. Learn the basics to operate this machine that is fast becoming a necessity in today’s modern life. Get a taste of Windows XP, the database and Internet, through hands-on experience in the computer lab. Book is included in the fee.
• Women, Land & Legacy: Third Thursday each month, Sept. 19, Oct. 17 from 6 to 8 p.m. CCC Maquoketa Center. There is no cost. No pre-registration is necessary.