- Entertainment & Events
Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70 in Zurich
Texas blues legend Johnny Winter, known for his lightning-fast blues guitar riffs, his striking long white hair and his collaborations with the likes of Jimi Hendrix and childhood hero Muddy Waters, has died. He was 70.
- Filmmakers in train crash head briefly to jail SAVANNAH, Ga. — Two filmmakers charged with manslaughter several months after a train crash killed a member of their movie crew flew to Georgia over the weekend to turn themselves in at a rural jail, where they posted $25,000 bond apiece before retur
- Producer says filming in Jerusalem 'exhilarating' BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — “Dig” will arrive this fall on USA as a six-episode thriller set in Jerusalem, starring Jason Isaacs as an FBI agent and Anne Heche as head of the local FBI office.The pilot episode was filmed on location, an experience that e
- 'Scandal' star Tony Goldwyn creates a new drama NEW YORK — Tony Goldwyn has displayed a lack of ethics in the White House.As President Fitzgerald Grant on ABC’s hit melodrama “Scandal,” he has cheated on his wife right under her nose and even smothered a pesky Supreme Court justice on her sickbed.
Money closes out Rosefest
Rosefest 2014 commenced on Saturday and 1980s rock star Eddie Money wowed fans both on and off the stage.
- 'Rumors' to hit Timber Lake stage MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — A new comedy will begin this week at Timber Lake Playhouse.“Rumors” will debut Thursday at the Mount Carroll theater, and will continue through July 26. The show will feature 10 performers who have been a part of Timber Lake in
- Morgan released from rehab month after crash TRENTON, N.J. — Former “Saturday Night Live” star Tracy Morgan has been released from a rehabilitation facility as he heals from serious injuries he suffered in a car crash that left a fellow comedian dead, his spokesman said Saturday.Morgan will con
- Fox consolidating television studio, network NEW YORK (AP) — Fox says Gary Newman and Dana Walden, the two executives who run the company's television studio, will also be in charge of the Fox broadcast network.The appointment announced Monday aligning 20th Century Fox Television with the netwo
- The Soaked Ridge Boy's rain day CLINTON — Hundreds of music fans were displaced Saturday when country band the Oak Ridge Boys canceled their concert at the Wild Rose Casino and Resort outdoor music concert Rosefest.A severe thunderstorm swept through the Clinton area around 9 p.m.
- Last original member of the Ramones dies NEW YORK — The Ramones always seemed too fast. Their songs rushed by, often two minutes or less of pure adrenaline. Their influence outstripped their sales. And now, with the death of drummer Tommy, all four original members of the seminal punk rock
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines
- Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70 in Zurich