- Entertainment & Events
- Alicia Keys: Happy as producer of 'Mister & Pete' NEW YORK — Alicia Keys says she considered a role in "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete," but decided she was comfortable as an executive producer. "It definitely came up once or twice," Keys said with a smile. The film, in theaters Friday, tell
- Musicals featuring female singer-songwriters swell NEW YORK -- Mary Bridget Davies is part singer, part actress and part spirit conjurer. The bubbly performer is uncanny at capturing the look and sound of the late Janis Joplin in a new Broadway show highlighting the iconic blues singer. "I feel a res
- Jessica Lange pens debut children's book The Associated Press LOS ANGELES -- Screen legend Jessica Lange says the secret to her longevity in Hollywood is simply trusting her instincts. "As you can tell from looking at my career, there was no plan!" the 64-year-old said with a hearty laugh.
- Pixies look for revival in new songs, tour The Associated Press NEW YORK -- As a young musician, Pixies frontman Charles Thompson was determined to make it past the velvet rope at the mythical club that is rock stardom. "It inspired us even from the time before we were rock musicians," said
- Statute of limitations on spoilers? NEW YORK (AP) -- Rosebud is a sled. So goes the ending of the 1941 Orson Welles classic "Citizen Kane," spoilers be damned! Revealing secret endings and plot twists has brought on wrath since the dawn of cinema, straight through VCRS to today's DVR-f
- Queen musical aims to rock you on national tour NEW YORK (AP) -- A musical built around songs by the rock band Queen has found a kind of magic abroad, charming European audiences for years. Now, its producers hope another group will finally go gaga for it -- Americans. Its first North American tou
- 'Breaking Bad' finale vs. other finales NEW YORK -- Now that the dust (and ricin) have settled from Sunday's "Breaking Bad" finale, it's worth considering what makes a drama series' exit good or bad. As much as fans may miss "Breaking Bad," they were able to bid farewell satisfied that it
Clinton County Farm Bureau Ride & Drive
DEWITT -- Young farmers, friends and families are invited by the Clinton County Farm Bureau Board of Directors to the second used equipment ride and drive event for young farmers.
Savanna ambulance celebrates 40th anniversary
The Savanna Community Ambulance Association will be celebrating its 40th anniversary with an outdoor family fun day party for the community on Saturday, Sept. 28, at Old Mill Park in Savanna.
Library gearing up for Autumn Fest
Celebrate autumn and the library on Saturday, Sept. 28, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines