- Entertainment & Events
- Prism of modern country on display NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The new artist of the year category at the 2014 Academy of Country Music Awards is a primer in Modern Country 101 with three nominees who perfectly capture the genre's 21st century sound. Pop country crooner Brett Eldredge, rowdy
Sex, movies and the desperate attempt to shock audiences
For the past year or two, it seems, movies have become obsessed with sex, continually upping the ante on tone, subject matter and explicitness - and "50 Shades of Grey" hasn't even come out yet.
Comic books and race in America go hand in hand
Comic books haven't always been a place where African-Americans can find characters they relate to. Black comic characters ranged from being barely noticeable and featuring blatantly disrespectful instances, to receiving lessened moments of racism from decade to decade.
- Discovery says Wallenda's next walk is in Chicago NEW YORK -- Nik Wallenda is taking his high-wire act to Chicago for a tightrope walk to be televised this fall on Discovery, part of the network's strategy to entice viewers with live events. Wallenda's walk across the Grand Canyon area of Arizona la
- 'Good Morning America' says goodbye to Elliott NEW YORK (AP) -- ABC's "Good Morning America" is saying goodbye to Josh Elliott -- minus Josh Elliott. The top-rated morning show paid a brief tribute to its departed news anchor on Thursday's show. Elliott left last weekend for a job at NBC Sports,
David Letterman to retire from 'Late Show' in 2015
David Letterman says he's retiring next year as host of "Late Show."
During a taping of Thursday's show, Letterman said he has informed his CBS bosses that he will step down in 2015, when his current contract expires.
He told his audience he expects his departure will be "at least a year or so" from now.
Amazon introduces Fire TV to challenge Apple in living rooms
Amazon.com Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos is stepping up efforts to win over customers in their living rooms with a $99 TV box for watching digitally delivered shows and movies, challenging Apple's TV device.
Spring Fling has arrived
The Fulton Spring Fling has arrived and everyone is invited.
The second installment of the Robert Fulton Community Center community activities is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 12, and will feature a variety of entertainment for people of all ages.
Guests can explore the multitude of vendors offering handmade items ranging from artwork and jewelry to quilts and dog clothes. If brand name items suit the style more, products including Mary Kay, Scentsy and Pampered Chef also will be featured at the event.
Hate With Friends, the fun new Facebook tool
Hating movies, earworms, conventions of grammar, clothing brands, diet fads - you get the twinkle of pleasure without the glob of guilt, or the cold brush of fear. A Coldplay song doesn't know you hate it.
- 'Van Dyke' DVDs spotlight Moore's comedic genius NEW YORK -- Like any "Dick Van Dyke Show" fan, he's happy to catch an occasional rerun of the show while flipping channels. "If there's nothing new to watch, I'll let the episode play out," says Carl Reiner. "I'm always pleased to see how well those
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines