- Entertainment & Events
- Pixies look for revival in new songs, tour The Associated Press NEW YORK -- As a young musician, Pixies frontman Charles Thompson was determined to make it past the velvet rope at the mythical club that is rock stardom. "It inspired us even from the time before we were rock musicians," said
- Statute of limitations on spoilers? NEW YORK (AP) -- Rosebud is a sled. So goes the ending of the 1941 Orson Welles classic "Citizen Kane," spoilers be damned! Revealing secret endings and plot twists has brought on wrath since the dawn of cinema, straight through VCRS to today's DVR-f
- Queen musical aims to rock you on national tour NEW YORK (AP) -- A musical built around songs by the rock band Queen has found a kind of magic abroad, charming European audiences for years. Now, its producers hope another group will finally go gaga for it -- Americans. Its first North American tou
- 'Breaking Bad' finale vs. other finales NEW YORK -- Now that the dust (and ricin) have settled from Sunday's "Breaking Bad" finale, it's worth considering what makes a drama series' exit good or bad. As much as fans may miss "Breaking Bad," they were able to bid farewell satisfied that it
Clinton County Farm Bureau Ride & Drive
DEWITT -- Young farmers, friends and families are invited by the Clinton County Farm Bureau Board of Directors to the second used equipment ride and drive event for young farmers.
Savanna ambulance celebrates 40th anniversary
The Savanna Community Ambulance Association will be celebrating its 40th anniversary with an outdoor family fun day party for the community on Saturday, Sept. 28, at Old Mill Park in Savanna.
Library gearing up for Autumn Fest
Celebrate autumn and the library on Saturday, Sept. 28, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
CCC to host community blood drive Oct. 11
CLINTON -- Clinton Community College will host a community blood drive from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at 1000 Lincoln Blvd, inside the auditorium.
SATURDAY Second Chance Group A.A., 8 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. women's meeting at 506 S. Second St. Alcoholics Anonymous, 9 a.m., 11 a.m. (newcomers) and 8 p.m. (open meeting) at 250 20th Ave. North, Room 154. Clintonish Knitters, 9 a.m. to noon at St. Paul
FRIDAY Second Chance Group A.A. 8 a.m., noon at 506 S. Second St. Alcoholics Anonymous 9 a.m., 5:30 p.m. open and 8 p.m. at 250 20th Ave. North, Room 154. Clinton Historical Museum, 9 to 11 a.m. at 601 S. First St. Felix Adler Discovery Center Childr
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines