- Entertainment & Events
- Hollywood 'Godzilla' finally stomps home to Japan YURI KAGEYAMA Associated PressTOKYO — Tokyo is rolling out the red carpet for Hollywood’s “Godzilla” remake although the nation that gave birth to the fire-breathing monster is seeing the latest movie after it opened everywhere else.“Godzilla,” openi
Country acts take stage at Wild Rose
CLINTON — Country music fans packed the parking lot of the Wild Rose Casino and Resort on Friday as they welcomed music superstars Sara Evans and Lonestar.As the Wild Rose Casino kicked off the first-ever Rosefest, a two
- 'Y' raising funds with annual art event CLINTON — What difference can $20,000 make for the YWCA’s mission? That’s the amount raised from last year’s Art Under the Stars event, all of which went toward helping support the association’s victims of violence mission work.“It truly is entertain
- Ford Model Agency founder dies NEW YORK — Modeling agency founder Eileen Ford, who shaped a generation’s standards of beauty as she built an empire and launched the careers of Candice Bergen, Lauren Hutton, Christie Brinkley and countless others, has died.She was 92 and died Wedne
- Dog Days Of Summer FULTON, Ill. — The dog days of summer were in full swing Thursday in Fulton as the second installment of Fulton Summer Nights went off without a hitch.As family and friends of all ages joined the community celebration, themed “The Dog Days of Summer,
VIDEO: Emmy nominations: 8 snub shockers
A lot of beloved shows and stars got Emmy nominations on Thursday morning but there were definitely some snub shockers.
'Game of Thrones' earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
The sprawling and bloodthirsty saga "Game of Thrones," defying the Emmy Awards' grudging respect for such fantasy fare, emerged as the leader in the nominations announced Thursday with 19 bids, including best drama series.
- Camanche Days registrations sought for Little Cuties, prince and princesses, others CAMANCHE — Camanche Days is approaching and officials are seeking registrations for several entities. The festival will be held from Aug. 7 to 10 in Camanche. This year’s theme is Hats Off to Camanche. The grand marshal will be Brenda Larkey. The Cam
- Event showcases Camanche CAMANCHE — Small towns are often paired with a variety of stereotypes, but one thing they don’t usually get enough credit for is the dedicated people who tie their communities together.To ensure that Camanche wouldn’t fall victim to that, lifetime re
There's less good music now — here's why
Taylor Swift, the seven-time Grammy winner, is known for her articulate lyrics, so there was nothing surprising about her writing a long column for The Wall Street Journal about the future of the music industry. Yet there's reason to doubt the optimism of what she had to say.
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines