- Entertainment & Events
There's less good music now — here's why
Taylor Swift, the seven-time Grammy winner, is known for her articulate lyrics, so there was nothing surprising about her writing a long column for The Wall Street Journal about the future of the music industry. Yet there's reason to doubt the optimism of what she had to say.
VIDEOS: Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps at CHS
Check out these clips of the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps rehearsing this afternoon at Clinton High School's Coan Field.
- 'Pinkalicious' musical brings books to life MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — A children’s theater production will showcase “Pinkalicious.”The Magic Owl Children’s Theatre at Timber Lake Playhouse will present an hour-long version of “Pinkalicious the Musical,” starting this week. The musical is based on
- Professional transforms actors into apes on film LOS ANGELES — Terry Notary is Hollywood’s human shape-shifter. In a blink, he can become an elf, an ape or almost any other moving creature.An expert in motion-capture performance, he specializes in bringing non-human characters to life on screen. He
Pink Floyd to release new album after 20-year gap
A fresh Pink Floyd album is on the way — 20 years after the band last released new material.
'Transformers' tops 'Tammy' on weak July 4 weekend
The Fourth of July went off like a dud at the box office, as the Michael Bay sequel "Transformers: Age of Extinction" and the Melisa McCarthy comedy "Tammy" led the weakest summer holiday weekend in at least a decade.
- Ohnward to present musical MAQUOKETA — The “Honky Tonk Angels” will hit the Ohnward Fine Arts Center stage this weekend.The show will be held at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Ohnward Fine Arts Center in Maquoketa. In Ted Swindley’s musical “Honky Tonk
- Showboat series runs Saturdays CLINTON — The Children’s Theatre Series at the Clinton Area Showboat Theatre opened each of its shows this month and will continue to run them at noon every Saturday throughout the summer.The latest production, “A Sour Study in Lemonade,” included hi
- 'Oz' to appear at Showboat CLINTON — “The Wizard of Oz” will hit the Clinton Area Showboat Theatre stage this week.The stage version of the 1939 movie will be presented Thursday at the Showboat, and will run until July 20. Opening night will be at 7:30 p.m., followed by a rece
- 'Designing Women' star dies at 67 Meshach Taylor, who played a lovable ex-convict surrounded by boisterous Southern belles on the sitcom “Designing Women” and appeared in numerous other TV and film roles, died of cancer at age 67, his agent said Sunday.Taylor died Saturday at his hom
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines
- There's less good music now — here's why