- Entertainment & Events
Palisades Art Show is Oct. 19, 20
SAVANNA. Ill. -- The Palisades Art League will host its annual fall art show and sale from 3 to 8 p.m. Oct. 19 and noon to 4 p.m. Oct. 20 at the West Carroll Primary School cafeteria. The school is located on Wacker Road in Savanna.
- Legion to host meeting CLINTON -- The American Legion Post 190 will meet this week at Pizza Ranch. The group will meet at 11 a.m. at the restaurant, 1347 Northwest 11th St. Members will dine after the meeting. Plans for the annual Veterans Day dinner will be discussed. Th
Program on Native American Ioway Tribe to be featured at Pioneer Day
MAQUOKETA--Emmy-nominated filmmakers Kelly and Tammy Rundle will relate the dramatic story of "Lost Nation: The Ioway 1, 2 & 3" at Pioneer Day on Oct. 6.
Emmys 2013: Winners, losers and upsets
"Breaking Bad" won the top drama series award Sunday night at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards, one of two wins for the series in the five categories in which it was nominated.
- Avicii fuses electronic music, country on debut NEW YORK (AP) -- When Avicii debuted his electronic-country fusion at the Ultra Music Festival in March, he was met with criticism. Months later, he said the controversy helped him. "People's expectations were just lowered so much. Country and house?
TIPS training to be held
CLINTON — The Gateway ImpACT Coalition will offer TIPS training for bars and restaurants.
- 'Breaking Bad,' 'Modern Family' crowned LOS ANGELES -- "Breaking Bad," the brutal saga of an everyman's ambition turned evil, captured its first best drama Emmy Award on Sunday, while "Modern Family" won its fourth consecutive trophy for top comedy series. "I did not see this coming," said
Special trapping program available
SAVANNA, Ill. — The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has announced the special trapping program will be available this season on both their Spring Lake Unit south of Savanna and Pleasant Creek Unit south of Bellevue.
- Symphony to open season CLINTON-- A program of "Inspirational Landscapes" will open the Clinton Symphony Orchestra's 60th season with two performances this weekend. The first performance will be at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Morrison High School Auditorium, followed by a repea
Artists flock to Morrison
MORRISON, Ill. -- From chaotic swirls of paint to perfectly planned-out images, a sea of mini-murals decorated the streets of Morrison on Saturday.
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines
- Palisades Art Show is Oct. 19, 20