- Entertainment & Events
- Chicken supper to be served CLINTON -- The Green Island Congregational Church will host a chicken supper next week. The event will be held from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3, at the church in Green Island. The meal is all-you-can-eat, and the meal is being prepared by Kalm
- Moose Lodge fundraiser CLINTON -- The Moose Lodge in Clinton will host a fundraiser this week. The establishment will hold an indoor garage sale from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday in the red room of the lodge. Then, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, the lodge will continue the indoor
- Erie church to host dinner ERIE, Ill. --The Erie United Methodist Church, 811 Eighth St., will host a roast beef dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Wesleyan Hall, next door to the church. The buffet menu will include roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, rolls, dessert, col
- Pumpkin run to be held SAVANNA, Ill. -- The Smashing Cancer Pumpkin Run will be held in October. The run/walk will start at Marquette Park in Savanna at 8 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 19. Registration starts at 7:15 a.m. The race will be on the bike path. The fundraiser is for the
THURSDAY Second Chance Group A.A. 8 a.m., noon at 506 S. Second St. Alcoholics Anonymous 9 a.m., 6:30 p.m. (newcomers) and 8 p.m. at 250 20th Ave. North, Room 154. Clinton Historical Museum, 9 to 11 a.m. at 601 S. First St.
Palisades Art Show is Oct. 19, 20
SAVANNA. Ill. -- The Palisades Art League will host its annual fall art show and sale from 3 to 8 p.m. Oct. 19 and noon to 4 p.m. Oct. 20 at the West Carroll Primary School cafeteria. The school is located on Wacker Road in Savanna.
- Legion to host meeting CLINTON -- The American Legion Post 190 will meet this week at Pizza Ranch. The group will meet at 11 a.m. at the restaurant, 1347 Northwest 11th St. Members will dine after the meeting. Plans for the annual Veterans Day dinner will be discussed. Th
Program on Native American Ioway Tribe to be featured at Pioneer Day
MAQUOKETA--Emmy-nominated filmmakers Kelly and Tammy Rundle will relate the dramatic story of "Lost Nation: The Ioway 1, 2 & 3" at Pioneer Day on Oct. 6.
Emmys 2013: Winners, losers and upsets
"Breaking Bad" won the top drama series award Sunday night at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards, one of two wins for the series in the five categories in which it was nominated.
- Avicii fuses electronic music, country on debut NEW YORK (AP) -- When Avicii debuted his electronic-country fusion at the Ultra Music Festival in March, he was met with criticism. Months later, he said the controversy helped him. "People's expectations were just lowered so much. Country and house?
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines