- Entertainment & Events
- 'Van Dyke' DVDs spotlight Moore's comedic genius NEW YORK -- Like any "Dick Van Dyke Show" fan, he's happy to catch an occasional rerun of the show while flipping channels. "If there's nothing new to watch, I'll let the episode play out," says Carl Reiner. "I'm always pleased to see how well those
- A new year of series, specials NEW YORK -- Unlike some channels, Animal Planet trades on a message beyond "Watch us." So says Marjorie Kaplan, group president of Animal Planet and TLC. "We believe that there is a value to a planet filled with life, and that every living creature h
Legendary? Breaking down the HIMYM finale on social media
After nine years and more than 200 episodes, the landmark CBS sitcom "How I Met Your Mother" wrapped up Monday night with several twists in the story that left its fans sharply divided. Here is a sampling of viewer reaction.
- 60 Years of Music CLINTON -- For 60 years, area musicians have been gathering together in the Clinton Symphony Orchestra. "We have always sought to be a community orchestra in every respect -- community musicians performing in our local communities. We think the progr
Engaged Johnny Depp shows off 'chick's ring'
Johnny Depp showed off a diamond engagement ring that he called a "chick's ring" on Monday — indirectly confirming rumors of his engagement to actress Amber Heard.
Asked whether he was engaged, the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star replied: "The fact that I'm wearing a chick's ring on my finger is probably a dead giveaway. Not very subtle." He laughed as he lifted up his left hand and displayed a single diamond on a band around his ring finger.
- Tribute band to perform MAQUOKETA -- The Ohnward Fine Arts Center will host a concert in April. 25 or 6 to 4 - The Chicago Experience will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at Ohnward in Maquoketa. The band is a tribute band to Chicago, which performed, among several na
- Waterloo actor captivated by Sherlock Holmes
- Catlett prints to be displayed MAQUOKETA -- The Maquoketa Art Experience will present an exhibit starting today. "I AM: Prints by Elizabeth Catlett" will be displayed from today through May 30 at the Art Experience, 124 S. Main St., in Maquoketa. A reception for the Catlett exhibi
Gwyneth Paltrow speaks, thanks supporters in split
Gwyneth Paltrow took to Goop and the lifestyle site's regular weekly email Friday to offer thanks to supporters standing by her and her "consciously uncoupled" husband, Chris Martin, in their freshly announced separation.
- NY college to offer Miley class, twerk-free SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (AP) -- A college in upstate New York is offering a summer course on Miley Cyrus and won't even make students do any class twerk. The Saratogian newspaper reports the course will be offered by Skidmore College, a private libera
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines