- Entertainment & Events
Wanna write a pop song? Here's a foolproof equation
Pop songs (generally) stay in one key, are in 4/4 time, last between three and five minutes, are organized into chunks of four or eight bars, have a repeating chorus played two to four times, include the title sung at least three times, and feature short melodic fragments that repeat a lot to help everyone to remember them.
Shia LaBeouf arrested for disrupting Broadway show
Shia LaBeouf was released from police custody Friday after he was escorted from a Broadway theater for yelling obscenities and continued to act irrationally while being arrested, authorities said.
North Korea's take on new US movie: "Act of war"
North Korea is warning that the release of a new American comedy about a plot to assassinate leader Kim Jong Un would be an "act of war."
'Reading Rainbow' gets hand from Seth MacFarlane
LeVar Burton's "Reading Rainbow" fundraising effort is getting a boost from a generous pal, Seth MacFarlane.
Gateway Gimlet - July 2014
Arts, culture, entertainment and other worthwhile distractions in the greater Clinton, Iowa area
- Veteran character actor Wallach dies NEW YORK — As a masterful character actor and early product of postwar, Method-style theater, Eli Wallach wore countless faces, disappearing into them all. But he was always propelled — in acting and in life — by a mischievousness and an abiding play
- National Guard Sidewinders at Finally Friday CLINTON — Finally Friday at the River is quickly becoming a summertime staple in the city of Clinton and as the popularity of the event continues to grow, the organization’s ability to reach a new level of musical talent is also expanding.What starte
'Star Wars' creator selects Chicago for museum
"Star Wars" creator George Lucas announced Tuesday that he has picked Chicago to host his much-anticipated museum of art and movie memorabilia, in a major victory for the nation's third-largest city.
ABC says Muir replacing Sawyer at 'World News'
Diane Sawyer is stepping down as anchor of ABC's "World News" in September after nearly five years in the job, to be replaced by her regular substitute, David Muir.
- US-Portugal scored viewership goal NEW YORK — The United States’ 2-2 World Cup draw with Portugal is almost certainly the most-watched soccer game ever in the U.S., an emphatic confirmation of the sport’s rising popularity in a country slower to embrace it than the rest of the world.T
- More Entertainment & Events Headlines
- Wanna write a pop song? Here's a foolproof equation