• The Clintonish Knitters meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church. Enter the east entrance from the parking lot and go upstairs, follow the signs.
• Weekly tours of Lock and Dam 13 in Fulton, Ill., are under way. The weekly Lock and Dam tours will take place every Sunday from Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend at 1 p.m. The tours will cover a brief history of the Mississippi River and the purpose of Locks and Dams along the river. All participants must wear closed toed shoes to attend the full lock tour.
• The 142nd annual Whiteside County Fair runs through the Saturday, Aug. 18, grand finale. LogHoggers Chainsaw Sculpting will be making carvings daily through Saturday with the auction on Saturday at 4 p.m. Next-Level Pro-Bullriding will be showing the crowd some exciting bull riding tonight. Wilson Family Rides will provide the midway entertainment that will delight fair-goers this year. Mega Pass is back again this year. Once the fair starts on Tuesday the cost is $50. This will let you ride any of the Wilson Family Rides when the carnival is open. If you are looking for a deal for one day at the fair during the week here are some other options: $15 gets a rider unlimited rides from 2-6 p.m. on “wristband days”— Thursday and Friday. “Midway Madness” takes over Wednesday from 1-9 p.m. when a rider can ride to his or her content with the purchase of a $25 wristband. For more information about fair events, check out the fair’s website at www.whitesidecountyfair.org.
• Sunset Cruise, 7 p.m., Mississippi River Eco Tourism Center, Rock Creek. Call (563) 259-1876 to reserve a spot.
• 6-9 p.m.: Finally Friday at the River featuring Down 24
• 7 p.m.: Family Flicks. Pre-movie fun at Ashford University Field. "Puss in Boots" begins at dusk.