Color photos, made available by The Library of Congress, show scenes from the Great Depression and World War II.The images capture an era generally seen only in black-and-white.
Color photos, now in the Library of Congress, show scenes from the Great Depression and World War II.The images capture an era generally seen only in black-and-white. Photographers working for the United States Farm Security Administration (FSA) and later the Office of War Information (OWI) created the images between 1939 and 1944.
- As NORAD Tracks Santa, critics track NORAD video DENVER (AP) -- The U.S. and Canadian military will entertain millions of kids again this Christmas Eve with second-by-second updates on Santa's global whereabouts. But there's something new this year: public criticism. A children's advocacy group say
VIDEO: Make your own evergreen decorations
Martha Stewart uses trimmings from an evergreen to make holiday decorations.
VIDEO: Diving Santa swims with sharks
Even Santa Claus enjoys a swim. At the Tokyo Aquarium, children watched as a diver dressed up as Santa Claus fed fish inside a tank and hugged the aquarium's sharks.
- 'Hobbit' box office elite with $73.7M LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Undaunted hobbits trumped princess power at the multiplex. Per studio estimates Sunday, Warner Bros. "Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" was No. 1 at the weekend box office with $73.7 million, besting last weekend's No. 1 film, Disn
- KISS guitarist home goes up in flames YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. (AP) -- A suburban New York house owned by former KISS lead guitarist Ace Frehley has gone up in flames. The Journal News reports that firefighters were called to the stone house in the town of Yorktown Heights late Saturday mo
- 'Lawrence of Arabia' star dies LONDON (AP) -- Known on the one hand for his starring role in "Lawrence of Arabia," leading tribesmen in daring attacks across the desert wastes, and on the other for his headlong charges into drunken debauchery, Peter O'Toole was one of the most mag
Pet of the Week: Romeo
Romeo is a 2-year-old, medium-haired cat at the Clinton Humane Society. He came to the shelter in the middle of September due to a local hoarding situation. He is sweet and loves to cuddle. His adoption fee is $10 and he is ready to go home today w
- Von Trapps' lodge taps interest in new musical STOWE, Vt. -- In the week since NBC aired a revival of "The Sound of Music," the real von Trapp and the vacation lodge it runs in Vermont are in high demand. And yes, the family was watching as Carrie Underwood, in a widely watched and panned perform
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor? LONDON (AP) -- He may have a license to kill, but is he sober enough to shoot? British doctors who carefully read Ian Fleming's series of James Bond novels say the celebrated spy regularly drank more than four times the recommended limit of alcohol p
Meet your (FURRY) neighbor...
CLINTON -- With a wag of her tail and a friendly attitude, Kinley greets students of Whittier Elementary School every morning and afternoon. The school's newest therapy dog received her certification in mid-October. Since then, the children have been
- More Features Headlines