• 1922 — Clarence Durkee (brother of Dr. W. H. Durkee) became the manager of the business. He closed the north store in 1924 and ceased the grocery business; mercantile only.
• 1924-1927 — Great American Stores open a grocery store in 1100 Fourth St.
• 1927 — National Tea buys Great American Store, managed by John Amman and his son, Lester.
• 1934 — Dwight P. Green, grandson of R. N. Green, the original owner, gained ownership. He sold the building to Chapin and Gaffey who operated the Red and White Grocery Store.
• 1945-1957 — Red and White Grocery Store: purchased from Chapin and Gaffey by John DeWeerdt, the new owner of the grocery business; manager, Alice Hook.
• 1957-1984 — Henry (Cloe) Bielema bought the building for $6,500 from Les Chapin and Vincent Gaffey of Savanna, Ill., who formerly operated the Red and White Grocery store. He and his brother, Mike, operated a shoe sales and repair business. The shoe business continued under the management of Don Vander Vinne, Ken Ven Huizen and Terry Bielema.
• 1984 — Henry Bielema sold the building to Diane and Gene DeWeerdt (son of John) who rented it to Wilson’s Greenhouse and Florist Shop.
• 1992 — Ruth and Gus Hayenga purchased the building and continued to operate their floral shop.
• 2013 — The Hayengas sold the building to Wendy and Phil Ottens who expanded the Sweet Woodruff Shop; now operating in 1100 and 1102.
On Feb. 18, 1876, the Fulton Journal announced, “The Green’s new building will add greatly to the appearance on our principal business street.”