- Showboat to conduct performance CLINTON -- The Clinton Area Showboat Theatre will offer a community production of "A Christmas Carol," written by Charles Dickens and adapted by former CAST director Jay Berkow. The tale of Scrooge, whose hard heart is eventually softened by the inno
Pet of the Week: Jada
This is Jada. She is a 1-year-old Australian Sheppard mix. She came to the Clinton Humane Society at the end of October. We believe Jada is deaf, so she is looking for a family who will understand her needs and help her along he
- Another big crowd at dinner CLINTON -- Ben Hester has attended the Victory Center dinner almost every Thanksgiving since moving to Clinton approximately seven years ago. He enjoys the food and sitting with the other people. "It's nice for me to get out and be around other peopl
Victory Center meal attracts hundreds
Ben Hester has attended the Victory Center dinner almost every Thanksgiving since moving to Clinton approximately seven years ago. He enjoys the food and sitting with the other people.
- Turkey sales take off
Black Wednesday big business for bars
Thanksgiving is a time of year filled with traditions — family rituals, football obsessions and shopping extravaganzas — are all part of the holiday festivities.
- A (lighted) walk through Eagle Point Park CLINTON -- Before families sit down Thursday for Thanksgiving, area residents will once again walk through Eagle Point Park to kick off this season's Symphony of Lights. The annual walk, held from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, offers people the first chance
- Committee seeks nominations CLINTON -- The Martin Luther King Jr. celebration committee is currently looking for nominations for its Peace and Justice award. This will be the 12th year that the award will be presented at the celebration. Prior recipients of the MLK Peace and Ju
Old-school toys dominate holiday lists
There are two requests Don Mahoney, otherwise known as Santa Claus, keeps getting day after day: Barbies and Legos.
- Burnett, Downey take 'The Bible' on the road NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's "The Bible" franchise continues to grow in unexpected ways. Up next? A 16-city music tour featuring some of today's most popular Christian acts. The tour begins next March following the nationwide th
- More Features Headlines