Stars and stripes to fly at half-staff
Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad has ordered all flags in Iowa to be flown at half-staff from 5 p.m. today until 8 a.m. Monday in honor of a World War II airman, whose remains were recovered more than 70 years after being killed in action.
Lt. Louis L. Longman, a 26-year old at the time he was last seen April 16, 1944, was a Clinton native. He served with the U.S. Army Air Corps Air Force and when he was last seen, his unit was returning from a B-25 bomber escort mission over Hollandia, New Guinea.
Take Back the Night seeks change
CLINTON -- Marcia Lathrop and Kris Ayala have witnessed and experienced sexual abuse and domestic violence. According to Clinton YWCA Executive Director Shannon Sander-Welzien, someone is raped in this country every 1.3 seconds. On average, a child w
- A worldwide honor CAMANCHE -- In their first year of competition, the Camanche Elementary School Jr. LEGO League team has accomplished more than they ever imagined, capping off the season with a worldwide honor. The six students of Sheryl Kennedy's Jr. LEGO League tea
Not an easy walk
CLINTON -- Ashford University's bravest men on Tuesday strutted their stuff in 6-inch, stiletto heels to raise awareness for victims of sexual and domestic abuse. Students, faculty and staff took part in the second installment of the "Heels for Her"
- Bringing taste home to Clinton CLINTON -- Growing up on a small farm south of Ames, Karen Davis has always had a love of food and cooking. She would watch her mother and grandmother -- both farm cooks -- as they prepared food. Now a Taste of Home Cooking School Culinary Specialist
- Camanche teacher is living a dream CAMANCHE -- Erin Montgomery is living her dream. After nearly a year worth of research and work, she is the 2015 Iditarod Teacher on the Trail. The Camanche Middle School social studies teacher faced off against two other qualified candidates in the
- Upcoming fundraiser benefits United Way CLINTON -- A flower fundraiser will benefit United Way of Clinton County. People may order flowers now through April 16. For $15, participants will receive one bunch of nine to 10 multi-colored daisies in a variety of colors. Delivery is free and the
- 'I'm at peace with it' CLINTON -- Almost 20 years ago, when Greg Fier was first diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, he did not know how to handle it. While his condition had deteriorated since that 1995 diagnosis, he continues to have a positive attitude. "I've accepted it.
Ready to Strike!
CLINTON - A number of things lead people through the doors of the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce. For all the common reasons -- economic development, tourism, event planning among them -- Becky Graves claims no expertise. Graves knows bowling, a sp
- It's time to catch walleye CLINTON -- Fishing is in season, and one local angler has snagged the fish of a lifetime. During the peak of walleye season, Dale Merchant and his long-time fishing partner, and uncle, Charlie Sexton, headed out on the morning of March 26 for a day o
- More Features Headlines
- Stars and stripes to fly at half-staff