- 60 Years of Music CLINTON -- For 60 years, area musicians have been gathering together in the Clinton Symphony Orchestra. "We have always sought to be a community orchestra in every respect -- community musicians performing in our local communities. We think the progr
- Nice day for a run CLINTON -- Weather was windy, but sunny Sunday as hundreds of people ran along the riverfront to raise money for children's charities. Race Director Jean Roeder was happy to see so many people turn out for the 33rd annual 4-mile Children's Therapy Ce
- Clinton woman featured in World War II photo exhibit CHICAGO -- A portrait of one of the Clinton women who wiped grime from railroad locomotives during World War II is featured in a new exhibition at the Chicago History Museum, "Railroaders: Jack Delano's Homefront Photography." She is Dorothy (Steven
- 2014 Clinton County Fair plans underway DEWITT -- As spring arrives plans for the 2014 Clinton County Fair are well underway. Entertainment, judges and events are being lined up. Dates have been set for Wednesday, July 16, through Sunday, July 20. Many fair favorites will be returning. Eve
Meet Your Neighbor: Scott Clark
CLINTON -- A Clinton School District bus driver has been chosen as the new transportation director. Scott Clark, 47, of Clinton, has been driving area children to school for four years. The Clinton High School graduate took the job for extra income d
- Credit union earns awards CLINTON -- A local credit union recently earned six Diamond awards. Ascentra Credit Union won the awards which recognize outstanding marketing and business development achievements in the credit union industry. Awards are given in multiple categories
- Fulton Friends for Charity group continues to show accelerated growth FULTON, Ill. -- Less than two years ago, nine women came together during a lunch outing in Fulton, wanting to make a difference. Now, that difference has become more than they could ever imagine. The Friends for Charity group has gone from a small, n
Why our brains just cannot let this mystery go
Why should the story of Flight 370 grip us so? This mystery seems almost designed to arouse some fundamental parts of our brain.
Riverfront Ice Cream opens
Riverfront Ice Cream is open for business and owner Mike Hill is anxious for the dog days of summer to truly hit the ground running.
- County K-9 Odin retires after 10 years on force By Amy Kent Herald Staff Writer CLINTON -- Clinton County Sheriff's Office officials said goodbye to an honored team member on Friday as K-9 officer Odin earned his retirement after 10 1/2 years with the sheriff's office. During his career, Odin, an
- More Features Headlines