- Schools combine bands for Mardi Gras parade CLINTON -- Prince of Peace band students recently returned from a trip that included a performance for a Mardi Gras parade. Twenty-three members of the Prince of Peace high school band joined with the Maquoketa High School marching band to perform in
Former Camanche resident to be honored in Irish parade
A former Camanche woman will be showing her Irish pride as the St. Patrick Society Quad Cities, USA's Irish Mother of the Year.
Every year, Maureen Miller decorates for the March holiday.
- Citizens First Bank to celebrate anniversary CLINTON -- Citizens First Bank will showcase its remodeled main branch this week. An open house for the 1442 Lincoln Way office will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday at the office. Citizens First Bank first opened for business on March 14,
Iowa Code vague on Telemedicine
CLINTON -- A doctor patrols the halls at Clinton's Mercy Medical Center, talking to stroke patients, monitoring their vitals. A nurse helps gather information for prognoses. The doctor processes the data and refers treatment. Half an hour later, the
In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
Call 911 from the side of the road, and GPS satellites can tell dispatchers exactly where to send help. Airline passengers have access to detailed maps that show exactly where they are during their journey. Hop onto WiFi, and somehow Google knows whether you're logging on from Lima or London, and will give you detailed suggestions about what to eat.
No qualms about 60 shaved heads for St. Baldrick's
DEWITT -- Hair says a lot to people. By shaving it down to their scalps Saturday more than 60 volunteers made a statement of their own. Clinton resident Kelli Smith attended DeWitt's Just Irish Enough St. Baldrick's fundraiser last year and said she
- Waning winter weather CLINTON -- Spring is on its way and while most Clinton residents are ready to see the flowers bloom, it could mean some major changes to the region's ecosystem. Temperatures are expected to rise in the next few months and with that rise the Mighty Mi
- 'We Still Can Coach' CLINTON -- Together they have 75 years of coaching experience at their respective high schools, each about 25 miles from Clinton, but in opposite directions. They've never met, but if their combined career records weren't evidence enough, Dan Beck an
Avenger an American value
If you’re someone who appreciates the golden age of domestic sedans — those big, comfortable, heavy-feeling cars with a uniquely American sense of style — this one ought to pique your interest.
- Clinton man wins top prize CLINTON -- A Clinton man said he didn't initially believe that his Super Crossword instant-scratch ticket was a top prize winner. In the end, though, Michael White ended up $50,000 richer. "I got to counting and I thought I only counted nine (words)
- More Features Headlines