He was wearing safety goggles, gloves and thick clothing but didn’t have lung protection.
“I called 911,” Kenney said. “I could get enough out to say I had been burned and it was anhydrous.”
After extensive treatment, including being placed in a drug-induced coma while doctors treated his lungs, Kinney has recovered. Although he’s used the chemical for more than 30 years, he now realizes he forgot to double-check the hose to ensure it was empty.
“I screwed up,” Kenney said. “I should have drained it better.”