Having a sick child is the worst. All you want to do is make them feel better, and a lot of times it feels like there is very little you can do. Now there are some handy gadgets to help you make your little one feel better sooner without stressing yourself out.
- Food & Health
Do flu shots cause runny noses?
The vaccine used in the study is similar to FluMist, of which 13 million doses were distributed in the United States this year. The work helps explain why runny noses were an occasional aftereffect of FluMist in clinical trials.
Winter stifles pollen, but other pests can make allergies worse now
Most people don't consider allergies the cause of their coldlike symptoms in the winter, because the cause of most respiratory allergies — pollen — is usually not drifting about in cold and snowy climes. Yet some of the most common allergies are to indoor things.
Testosterone therapy post-prostate cancer
DEAR DR. ROACH: I had my prostate removed for prostate cancer in 2009 at age 70. I waited until now to start taking testosterone to feel better, because I was feeling very listless, with no sex drive. My cancer surgeon and urologist approved, and they are monitoring me every 60 to 90 days.
- Man betrays wife with Internet surfing DEAR ANNIE: My wife and I have been happily married for eight years. This is a third marriage for both of us. A few months back, my wife found that I had been visiting Internet porn sites. She became very upset and said this was the same as having se
Competing views on surgery for torn meniscus
DEAR DR. ROACH: I suffered a severe torn meniscus at age 67. I reached a point where I could no longer walk.
- Head, neck injuries may increase stroke risk Suffering an injury to the head or neck increases ischemic stroke risk three-fold among trauma patients younger than 50, according to research presented at the American Stroke Association's International Stroke Conference 2014. "These findings are im
- Finding holes in the heart SAN DIEGO -- An alternative test for measuring blood flow to the brain detected a potentially dangerous hole within the heart of some patients with an unexplained stroke better than a standard test, according to late-breaking science presented at the
- The $40 mistake DEAR MARGO: My niece had always loved dolls as a little girl. I adore my niece, and a few years ago, when she was 8 or 9, I gave her two handmade dolls for her birthday. I put a lot of time, energy, money and love into those dolls. A few weeks ago, h
- Get out of abusive relationship. Now. DEAR ANNIE: I have been with my fiance for 14 years, and we have had our fair share of problems. Three months ago, I left, taking our kids with me. But I came back when he asked me to. I figured I owed it to the children to try to work things out. Bu
More talking, longer sentences help babies' brains
The sooner you start explaining the world to your baby, the better.
- More Food & Health Headlines
- Do flu shots cause runny noses?