- Food & Health
- Officials try healthier cafeteria options BOSTON — Bean burgers, peanut butter substitutes and pre-sliced vegetable packets were on the menu Monday as school lunchroom managers from around the country sampled offerings in a hunt for fare that will meet stricter health mandates — without turn
- Inauthentic, but fast and delicious kung pao pork Let’s just get something out of the way right at the top. This is not an authentic kung pao recipe. If you are looking for an authentic kung pao recipe, just move along.If, however, you are looking for a crazy delicious weeknight-friendly recipe for
Almost half of the world actually prefers instant coffee
Americans' taste in coffee might be getting more high-end — with a growing fixation on perfectly roasted beans, pricier caffeinated concoctions, and artisan coffee brewers — but it turns out a surprisingly big part of the world is going in the opposite direction: toward instant coffee.
An alternative diagnosis to ADHD: Schoolchildren need more time to move
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells us that in recent years, there has been a jump in the percentage of young people diagnosed with attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, commonly known as ADHD: 7.8 percent in 2003 to 9.5 percent in 2007 to 11 percent in 2011.
Spoonfuls can lead to medicine errors, study finds
The song says a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, but a study says that kind of imprecise measurement can lead to potentially dangerous dosing mistakes.
Got a rash? iPad, other devices might be the cause
Unexplained rash? Check your iPad. It turns out the popular tablet computer may contain nickel, one of the most common allergy-inducing metals.
- Aronia berry gaining market foothold in US MISSOURI VALLEY — A new fruit that research says packs more antioxidants than popular “superfoods” like blueberries, acai berries and goji berries is establishing itself in the aisles of mainstream grocery stores, showing up in everything from juices
Why Taco Bell is turning its health menu into a muscle menu
Like it or not, the paleo diet fad has now gone mainstream.
This week, Taco Bell announced that it will be beefing up its menu - quite literally - by launching a new menu centered around meat and protein.
- Lawmakers seek lower price for bill on vets' care WASHINGTON (AP) — Stung by sticker shock, members of Congress are scrambling to lower the cost of a bill to fix veterans’ health care amid a growing uproar over long waits for appointments and falsification of records to cover up delays at Veterans A
- Reaction to neomycin nixes shingles vaccine DEAR DR. ROACH: I am 61 years old, and was anxious to get a shingles vaccine shot. I was upset to learn that, because I am allergic to neomycin, an ingredient in the vaccine, I cannot get vaccinated. I have talked to my doctor and also to a pharmacis
- More Food & Health Headlines