- Food & Health
Deliciously combining 2 classic Super Bowl dishes
Super Bowl party food is supposed to be indulgently heavy and satisfying. It should be rich and savory and totally over the top.
So to satisfying all of those criteria, I created a mega mashup that draws on two classic party foods — Buffalo chicken wings and nachos.
A fresh take on the traditional seven-layer dip
Everybody seems enraptured by seven-layer dip. And not that it's bad, but it's been done. And done again. And again.
- Is there any treatment for severe sickle cell anemia? DEAR DR. ROACH: My 39-year-old beloved niece just died of sickle cell anemia. Her life involved countless hospitalizations and blood transfusions every month to five weeks. She leaves behind a beautiful 5-year-old son to be raised by his father. On t
Serotonin syndrome includes mood changes
DEAR DR. ROACH: After being on Paxil for about 15 years, it wasn’t working anymore. My doctor decreased my dose, and I slowly started Viibryd.
- Warm knee can beexpected after surgery DEAR DR. ROACH: About three years ago, my husband had a knee replacement. The surgery was successful, his physical therapy went very well and he has been pleased with the whole process -- except for one thing: His leg (that knee area) is uncomfortabl
- Food companies cut 6.4 trillion calories WASHINGTON (AP) -- Some of the nation's largest food companies have cut calories in their products by more than 6.4 trillion, according to a new study. The study sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation found between 2007 and 2012 the companie
- Cortisone injections are safe for diabetics DEAR DR. ROACH: My mom is nearing 90 and recently developed an arthritic hip, which is curtailing her activities. She has Type 2 (no insulin) diabetes. The orthopedic doctor we saw gave her the choices of hip replacement surgery (no!), therapy or a c
- Migraine with vision loss scary, but can be treated DEAR DR. ROACH: I am 64, and for many years have had migraine headaches with aura. One day, it turned very different. My sight was gone, sometimes in one eye, sometimes in both. This was new to me. I was told that it was retinal migraine, and my doct
- Healthy haddock that doesn't taste healthy We all know that baked white fish is a fast and healthy way to get dinner on the table, particularly during this annual time of dietary vow renewal. What isn't always quite so clear is how to prepare that white fish without adding tons of fat and cal
- Healthy soup with Chinese influences When it's cold outside, I love making soup for supper. Everything goes into a single pot, starting with an aromatic broth and a substantial array of vegetables, then a little bit of protein, and finally a crispy garnish. And when dinner's over, there
- More Food & Health Headlines
- Deliciously combining 2 classic Super Bowl dishes