- Rockridge tops Fulton EDGINGTON, Ill. -- In a game that saw five lead changes, Rockridge took the lead in the sixth inning, thanks to a three-run rally, and defeated the Fulton Steamers 6-4 on Tuesday in high school softball. Rockridge took a 5-4 lead on a wild pitch from
- Jones' pitching propels Fulton to win FULTON, Ill. -- Ethan Jones limited Riverdale to five hits as he pitched Fulton past Riverdale 7-2 on Monday in Three Rivers Conference baseball. Jones struck out 13 batters and did not issue a walk as the Steamers improved to 4-5, 2-1 in Three River
Fulton officials approve unbalanced budget
Expecting to find ways to either save or generate money to cover a $3,386 shortfall, Fulton city officials on Monday voted to approve the Fiscal Year 2015 budget despite it being unbalanced.
City Administrator Ed Cannon projected the city will be able to make up that difference in the nearly balanced budget with additional savings or increased revenue, but if not, they will be forced to pay the remainder out of the general reserve fund, a decision some council members did not like.
- Steamers win in ninth FULTON, Ill. -- Fulton pushed across the winning run on an error with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning to beat Riverdale 10-9 in Three Rivers Conference softball Monday at Drives Park. Jenna James singled with one out to start the winning r
- Steamers win pair of games FULTON, Ill. -- Fulton picked up a pair of baseball wins Saturday, beating Unity Christian 4-3 and Orion 5-2. "Paul Velasco made his first start and threw 5 2/3 innings of good baseball," Fulton coach Kyle Miller said of the win against Unity. "I tho
- COACH OF THE YEAR Coffey turns around Steamers By Jon Gremmels Herald Sports Editor COACH OF THE YEAR Coffey turns around Steamers
- New owner takes over strip mall FULTON, Ill. -- Growth in business may be on the rise in Fulton now that a five-unit strip mall that sat vacant for several years is ready to be utilized. Craig Wilson is the property's new owner, closing on the mall on March 28. While he has an exte
Budget process moving forward
Fulton residents are encouraged to join the Fulton City Council on Tuesday as members discuss details of the fiscal year 2015 budget during a public hearing at City Hall.
Highlights of the discussion will be whether the council will continue with a preliminary vote that called for a 3 percent salary increase for the city's 21 employees but also required a greater contribution to their insurance benefits.
Spring Fling has arrived
The Fulton Spring Fling has arrived and everyone is invited.
The second installment of the Robert Fulton Community Center community activities is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 12, and will feature a variety of entertainment for people of all ages.
Guests can explore the multitude of vendors offering handmade items ranging from artwork and jewelry to quilts and dog clothes. If brand name items suit the style more, products including Mary Kay, Scentsy and Pampered Chef also will be featured at the event.
- Erie/Prophetstown gusts out Fulton By Zach James Herald Assistant Sports Editor Erie/Prophetstown gusts out Fulton
- More Fulton Headlines