Budget process moving forward
Fulton residents are encouraged to join the Fulton City Council on Tuesday as members discuss details of the fiscal year 2015 budget during a public hearing at City Hall.
Highlights of the discussion will be whether the council will continue with a preliminary vote that called for a 3 percent salary increase for the city's 21 employees but also required a greater contribution to their insurance benefits.
Spring Fling has arrived
The Fulton Spring Fling has arrived and everyone is invited.
The second installment of the Robert Fulton Community Center community activities is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 12, and will feature a variety of entertainment for people of all ages.
Guests can explore the multitude of vendors offering handmade items ranging from artwork and jewelry to quilts and dog clothes. If brand name items suit the style more, products including Mary Kay, Scentsy and Pampered Chef also will be featured at the event.
- Erie/Prophetstown gusts out Fulton By Zach James Herald Assistant Sports Editor Erie/Prophetstown gusts out Fulton
- Seven not enough for Steamers PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Owen McConnell and his Erie/Prophetstown Panthers had not stepped onto their baseball diamond all season, but they entered in grand fashion. McConnell, who hit cleanup for the Panthers, hit a grand slam in the bottom of the firs
- Four for signing day FULTON, Ill. -- Four seniors from Fulton High School will go on to play college athletics next fall, with all four of them staying within a 3-hour traveling distance. Only Matt Dail, who is going to Trinity Christian College in Illinois to play baske
- Fulton Friends for Charity group continues to show accelerated growth FULTON, Ill. -- Less than two years ago, nine women came together during a lunch outing in Fulton, wanting to make a difference. Now, that difference has become more than they could ever imagine. The Friends for Charity group has gone from a small, n
- Restoration could be in future CLINTON -- Nearly 100 people gathered Wednesday to learn the fate of a historic piece of Clinton property and one of the Mississippi River's largest islands -- Beaver Island. The section of land resting on the Mississippi River between Clinton and Al
- Fulton eyes AP chemistry course FULTON, Ill. -- Next year, students at Fulton High School could have an opportunity to do something no Fulton Steamer has done before them -- take an advanced placement chemistry course. For the first time in River Bend history, the district is hopin
- Fulton PTO hosts summer activities fair, open house FULTON, Ill. -- The Fulton Elementary PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is hosting a summer activities fair in conjunction with the annual open house/art show on Thursday, March 27. The event will be from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Fulton Elementary School G
- River Bend board designates make-up days for snow emergencies FULTON, Ill. -- Teachers and educational support personnel in the River Bend School District have spoken and they do not want to lose their holidays to make up snow emergency cancelations. Ninety-one River Bend employees responded to a survey conduct
- More Fulton Headlines
- Budget process moving forward