Blessing of Bikes is June 1
It’s time to throw on the leathers and rev up the engines because Fulton’s 25th annual Blessing of the Bikes is set for June 1.
Each year hundreds of motorcycles convene along Fourth Street in downtown Fulton to receive a blessing to protect them from danger as they travel the road, a blessing that has come from the same man, Father Arley Downie, for all 25 of those years.
- Fulton explodes in 6th FULTON, Ill. -- It just took a little while for the Fulton baseball team to get in gear. Fulton defeated Milledgeville 13-3 in six innings in a Class 1A regional semifinal. The Steamers scored eight runs in the sixth inning to pull away from the Miss
- Amboy ends Fulton's season LANARK, Ill. -- Fulton scored a lot of runs on Monday night. On Wednesday, Fulton allowed 15 runs. The Steamers' season comes to an end on a five-inning, 15-1 loss in a Class 1A regional semifinal. Chelsea Lesniewski started out allowing five hits on
- Officers recognized for filling in FULTON, Ill. -- In the summer of 2013, the Fulton Police Department took a staffing hit when police chief James Rhoades and Lt. Donnie Pridemore took medical leave. In order to fill the void, making sure the department could continue efficiently, off
- River levels expected to be on rise CLINTON -- National Weather Service observers have issued a flood warning for the Clinton area that is expected to last until Saturday. Runoff from upstream rainfall is causing minor flooding on the Mississippi River at Lock and Dam 13 and moderate f
- Fulton walks past foe FULTON, Ill. -- By the time the first two innings were completed, the Fulton Steamers scored 22 runs. They scored the first seven without getting a hit. Fulton advanced to the Illinois Class 1A regional semifinals by knocking out Eastland 22-2 in a g
AGENDA: 5-19-14 River Bend School Board Meeting
The River Bend Community Unit School District #2 Board of Education will hold a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. May 19 at the District Office Board Meeting Room in Fulton, Illinois.
AT RANDOM: Swanson lands golf coach position
CLINTON -- Tyler Swanson was on the fast track to a professional golf career when a car accident at age 20 derailed his plans. Now, the 30-year-old Clinton resident will be sharing his golf knowledge with young athletes as the new Fulton High School
- Fulton Chamber director resigns FULTON, Ill. -- After 14 years of service, Fulton Chamber of Commerce Executive Director and Fulton Tourism Director Heather Bennett is packing up and moving on to the next chapter of her life. Bennett this week announced her decision to resign from
- Storyteller to perform at Windmill Center FULTON, Ill. -- "Adventures with Audubon" will be featured this month at the Windmill Cultural Center. Brian "Fox" Ellis will perform at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 29, at the cultural center in Fulton. The program is being presented by the Volunteer Miller
- More Fulton Headlines
- Blessing of Bikes is June 1