- Program to assist Fulton resident FULTON, Ill. -- Brian Hollenback and Beth Payne delivered good news last week, traveling to seven cities, three counties and two states, ending their journey in Fulton. Hollenback, who is the Northwestern Illinois Housing Coalition president, and its
- Fulton's Ballard does it all MANILUS, Ill. -- Devon Ballard plays a big role for the Fulton Steamers, and he certainly excelled in his duties Wednesday as he threw seven innings on the mound and had three RBIs in a 11-3 over Bureau Valley. Ballard did not allow an earned run as
- Program highlights newspaper's impact FULTON, Ill. -- A presentation Sunday will focus on the historical aspect of a Fulton newspaper. The program about the Fulton Journal will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Fulton Museum, 707 10th Ave. Refreshments will be served. The Fulton (Martin Ho
- Coalition offers assistance to Fulton FULTON, Ill. -- One Fulton resident will receive assistance to refurbish their home from the Rock Island Economic Growth Housing Coalition in the form of a 10-year, $20,000 forgivable loan.. Fulton city officials were notified of the low-interest hou
- Rockridge tops Fulton EDGINGTON, Ill. -- In a game that saw five lead changes, Rockridge took the lead in the sixth inning, thanks to a three-run rally, and defeated the Fulton Steamers 6-4 on Tuesday in high school softball. Rockridge took a 5-4 lead on a wild pitch from
- Jones' pitching propels Fulton to win FULTON, Ill. -- Ethan Jones limited Riverdale to five hits as he pitched Fulton past Riverdale 7-2 on Monday in Three Rivers Conference baseball. Jones struck out 13 batters and did not issue a walk as the Steamers improved to 4-5, 2-1 in Three River
Fulton officials approve unbalanced budget
Expecting to find ways to either save or generate money to cover a $3,386 shortfall, Fulton city officials on Monday voted to approve the Fiscal Year 2015 budget despite it being unbalanced.
City Administrator Ed Cannon projected the city will be able to make up that difference in the nearly balanced budget with additional savings or increased revenue, but if not, they will be forced to pay the remainder out of the general reserve fund, a decision some council members did not like.
- Steamers win in ninth FULTON, Ill. -- Fulton pushed across the winning run on an error with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning to beat Riverdale 10-9 in Three Rivers Conference softball Monday at Drives Park. Jenna James singled with one out to start the winning r
- Steamers win pair of games FULTON, Ill. -- Fulton picked up a pair of baseball wins Saturday, beating Unity Christian 4-3 and Orion 5-2. "Paul Velasco made his first start and threw 5 2/3 innings of good baseball," Fulton coach Kyle Miller said of the win against Unity. "I tho
- COACH OF THE YEAR Coffey turns around Steamers By Jon Gremmels Herald Sports Editor COACH OF THE YEAR Coffey turns around Steamers
- More Fulton Headlines