The Clinton Herald's Friday Night Football season coverage continues tonight with key area matchups including live coverage of Clinton, Fulton, Camanche, Northeast and more.
Each football season we work to bring you the coverage and updates you want to see on the teams you love most.
This year we're expanding our offerings and have some new features we're excited to roll out. We invite you to join us tonight, and every Friday, from your favorite device--computer, phone or tablet--for live updates on all the local action.
As always, see Saturday's edition of the Herald for follow-up stories or visit clintonherald.com/sports.
Receive quarterly score updates on your cell phone with our text alerts messaging system. It's free and easy to sign up. Click the link below to register and check the box next to "Friday Night Football" under "Local Sports News & Scores" to receive all the updates.
Listen live via KROS
Listen to Clinton High School's games streamed live by KROS.
Social media updates
This year we created a sports-only Twitter account to give fans a place to find stories, scores and special info on area teams. Not only do we share all our updates, but also relevant updates from area sources to provide comprehensive coverage that is easily accessible from anywhere. Just like our text alerts, Twitter users can opt-in to receive Twitter updates via text message, making it easy to follow all the action in one place.
We will also be posting quarterly updates on our Facebook page and invite you to interact with us throughout the evening.
Live sports stream
No matter what kind of device you use, you will always find all our updates on ClintonHerald.com. This year we also created a new Herald Sports Stream, a place where everything we share is collected, including tweets, videos, photos and stories. It is accessible through ClintonHerald.com and viewable on any device.
- High School Sports
Wrestling: Kings lose twice in MAC
ELDRIDGE -- Clinton battled the other two teams expected to battle for third, fourth and fifth places in Mississippi Athletic Conference wrestling Thursday night and came out on the short end both times. North Scott, ranked seventh in Iowa Class 3A b
- Harden's success extends to studies Herald Staff Report CLINTON -- When Nate Harden qualified for the Iowa high school state swimming meet this winter, he became just the second Clinton High School athlete to compete at a state postseason event in four different sports. But, his succe
- Prophetstown pair honored in Class 2A CHICAGO -- A pair of juniors who led Prophetstown to a runner-up finish in the Illinois Class 2A girls basketball state tournament have been named honorable mention all-state players by the Associated Press. Clare Kramer and Corrie Reiley, the top tw
- Wenzel a 2nd-team all-MAC pick DAVENPORT -- Clinton High senior Erin Wenzel was named to the All-Mississippi Athletic Conference second team in girls basketball by a vote of the conference coaches. Two other River Queens, senior Jordan Nelson and sophomore Elle Tubbs, were named h
Sabers to state
CEDAR RAPIDS -- As the Central DeWitt Sabers walked around the court after their 58-47 substate final win over Benton Community, they realized one thing: The path to the state tournament is not easy.
- Easton Valley to play at 10:30 BOONE -- The Class 1A field for the Iowa boys basketball state tournament was completed Monday night as three games that were postponed Saturday were played. Now that the field is complete, Easton Valley knows when it will play its opener next week a
- DeWitt in the substate final CEDAR RAPIDS -- One area team has punched its ticket to the State Basketball Tournament next week, and DeWitt could become the second on Monday. DeWitt Central will face Benton Community at Cedar Rapids Kennedy (7 p.m. tip-off), and the winner will
- St. Thomas More too big, too strong, too fast NORMAL, Ill. -- Sometimes things are not as advertised. Sometimes they don't live up to the hype, or even meet expectations. And sometimes they leave you in astonishment, left with your mouth wide open. Unfortunately for the Prophetstown Lady Prophe
- Easton Valley state bound By Jon Gremmels Herald Sports Editor Easton Valley state bound
- ILLINOIS BOYS BASKETBALL Fulton runs out of steam MORRISON, Ill. — On Friday night, Fulton simply ran into a team that was better on that night. The Steamers (21-9) ended their season in a 67-54 loss against Sterling Newman in the Class 2A Morrison Regional final. There were chances for the Steamers
- More High School Sports Headlines
- Wrestling: Kings lose twice in MAC