The Clinton Herald's Friday Night Football season coverage continues tonight with key area matchups including live coverage of Clinton, Fulton, Camanche, Northeast and more.
Each football season we work to bring you the coverage and updates you want to see on the teams you love most.
This year we're expanding our offerings and have some new features we're excited to roll out. We invite you to join us tonight, and every Friday, from your favorite device--computer, phone or tablet--for live updates on all the local action.
As always, see Saturday's edition of the Herald for follow-up stories or visit clintonherald.com/sports.
Receive quarterly score updates on your cell phone with our text alerts messaging system. It's free and easy to sign up. Click the link below to register and check the box next to "Friday Night Football" under "Local Sports News & Scores" to receive all the updates.
Listen live via KROS
Listen to Clinton High School's games streamed live by KROS.
Social media updates
This year we created a sports-only Twitter account to give fans a place to find stories, scores and special info on area teams. Not only do we share all our updates, but also relevant updates from area sources to provide comprehensive coverage that is easily accessible from anywhere. Just like our text alerts, Twitter users can opt-in to receive Twitter updates via text message, making it easy to follow all the action in one place.
We will also be posting quarterly updates on our Facebook page and invite you to interact with us throughout the evening.
Live sports stream
No matter what kind of device you use, you will always find all our updates on ClintonHerald.com. This year we also created a new Herald Sports Stream, a place where everything we share is collected, including tweets, videos, photos and stories. It is accessible through ClintonHerald.com and viewable on any device.
- High School Sports
- River Hawks win triangular CLINTON -- Cration Andresen claimed medalist honors and teammate Logan Wilhelm took second Thursday as they led Easton Valley to first place at a boys golf triangular hosted by Camanche at The Oaks Golf Course. Easton Valley finished with a 190-strok
- HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL Hall halts Steamers FULTON, Ill. -- Fulton knew it had its hands full heading into Friday's baseball game against Hall. After all, the Red Devils entered the game with an 8-1 record, and they had momentum after blanking Rockridge the day before. Fulton fell to Hall 5-2
- River Kings light up the Day DAVENPORT -- Clinton continued its strong season in boys track and field, taking first place Thursday at the Jesse Day Relays on the final day of qualifying for the Drake Relays. The River Kings scored 138 points. Solon edged Davenport Central 120-11
- Clinton tennis splits with Muscatine CLINTON -- The Clinton tennis team faced Muscatine at Max Lynn Tennis Complex on Thursday where it was a tale of two duals. The girls' team won 9-0 over the Muskies while the River Kings fell 8-1. Queens sail in sweep In the six singles matches, not
- Panthers put the hurt on BV PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- The Erie/Prophetstown Panthers had an offensive explosion on Thursday to say the least. E/P defeated Bureau Valley 19-1 in five innings on 15 hits, 14 RBIs and seven walks. Three different Panthers -- Kylie Ackerman, Stephanie T
- Coppess finishes third at North Scott ELDRIDGE -- Clinton senior golfer Brittany Coppess finished third with a score of an 18-hole85 at the Lancer Girls Invitational Thursday while the River Queens finished 10th as a team. The meet medalist was Dubuque Senior's Maddie Hawkins with a sco
- Camanche slides past BETTENDORF -- All Kylie Vogel had to do was shake off the cobwebs. Vogel won her match, 11-9, after falling behind 6-0 to Bettendorf's Katie Melbourne in a dual that Camanche won, 6-3. It was Vogel's very first singles match of the season as she's ha
- Kewanee rallies MORRISON, Ill. -- Kewanee scored six runs in the top of the seventh inning Wednesday to defeat Morrison 10-8 in Three Rivers Conference baseball. Back-to-back three-run innings had given the Mustangs the lead. Justin Jensen had two hits, one a double
- Marcucci not fazed by expectations GOOSE LAKE -- Despite her age, Northeast sophomore Aleenah Marcucci still has the moxie to get back to the state track meet. Marcucci placed in both hurdle events -- sixth in the 100 and fifth in the 400 -- in Des Moines as a freshman last season. N
- Fillies one-hit Fulton Herald Staff Report Ackerman throws no-hitter for Erie/Prophetstown Fillies one-hit Fulton
- More High School Sports Headlines