Camanche 2014 boys track and field, girls track and field, boys golf, girls golf, boys tennis and girls tennis.
Camanche boys track and field
Members of the 2014 Camanche High School boys track and field team are (front row, from left): Brady Determan, Jacob Pulse, Jimmy Zhang, Ryan Langston, Nick Phelps, Easton McDaniel, Logan Peterson and Cade Borrison; (middle row, from left): Zach Feller, Jason Zhang, Jesse Everhart, Ethan Schaffer, Tre Austin, Sammy Osaro, Zach Hines, Thomas Brantley, Brady Beal and Blake Bialas; and (back row, from left): Lane Kaczinski, Jeremiah Jones, Drey Abbot, Chadd Weller, David Gonzalez, Levi Carber, Connor Schmitt, Jared Smith, Will Seeser and Derek Harksen.
Camanche girls track and field
Members of the 2014 Camanche High School girls track and field team are (front row, from left): Demi Edens, Kylie Phillips, Jordan Goldbeck, Erin Dunn and Syrene Ball; (middle row, from left): Emily Sorem, Maddy Seibel, Megan Hoffman, Korrie Petersen, Georgia Peduzzi, Morgan Lyons, Bailey Mensinger and Jensen Crigger; and (back row, from left): Page Edens, Neva Wadelich, Courtney Schnoor, Courtney Martens, Libby Schnoor, Brittany Paasch, Victoria McCary, Alexis Campie, Jordan Nissen and Molly Kramer.
Camanche boys golf
Members of the 2014 Camanche boys golf team are (front row, from left): Jesse Lanhart, Riley Melchiori, Mason Lanhart, Hampton Grim and Jacob Shaw; and (back row, from left): Mikey Salvochka, Chod Gilbert, Mitch McElroy, Brody Lodge, Jacob Peasley and Colin Short. Not pictured: Devyn Booth.
Camanche girls golf
Members of the 2014 Camanche High School girls golf team are (front row, from left): Allison Donahue, Stephanie Lankford, Kerri Lord and Payton Hardin; and (back row, from left): Quin Rauchenecker, Brittani Gregorich, Kelly Michaelsen, Morgan Benthin and Alison Seibel.
Camanche boys tennis
Members of the 2014 Camanche High School boys tennis team are (front row, from left): Seth Boysen, Zach Phillips, Tait Vogel and Nathan Thoms; and (back row, from left): Harsh Patel, Keaton DenBesten, Tanner Atkinson and Devan Michels.
Camanche girls tennis
Members of the 2014 Camanche High School girls tennis team are (front row, from left): Page Edens, Alexa DeVries, Kylie Phillips and Lexi Cundiff; and (back row, from left): CJ Leary, Brett Hilgendorf, Maddie Parker, Kylie Vogel and Lindsey Grams.
- High School Sports
Interest in Ernst rises as his game does, too
Brady Ernst is having a summer to remember.
The rising River King senior is spending the summer playing for the Iowa Barnstormers traveling basketball team. This weekend they're playing in the Fab48 tournament in Las Vegas.
Jones leaves UNO program
Jalen Jones is done with basketball — for now, anyway.
The 6-foot-5 Clinton High grad who had committed to play for Nebraska-Omaha, has left the program, and according to his Facebook page, has enrolled at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids.
The enrollment office at the community college confirmed that Jones was registered for classes this fall at Kirkwood. Kirkwood coach Bryan Petersen, a Clinton High graduate, declined to comment and gave no indication that Jones would play basketball for the Eagles this winter.
"College basketball isn't for everybody," Clinton coach Nick Lawrence said. "A little time away might do him some good."
Jones came home to Clinton after spending just a few days with the Mavericks, and enrolled to Kirkwood shortly thereafter.
Jones, the Herald's Player of the Year, averaged 19 points a game for the River Kings in his senior season and finished with the second-most rebounds with 160.
He shot 41 percent on the floor and 28 percent from 3-point territory. He committed to Omaha before last season started in October.
- Football facility receives makeover CAMANCHE — Camanche School District administrators expect updates to the high school football facility to be completed next week.Camanche Superintendent Tom Parker said crews have worked to make sure everything is complete before next week’s Clinton
- Clinton king of Brady DAVENPORT — It might not have been the blue oval, but Clinton track can place its mark at the top of the hill.The quartet of Barrion Collins, Marquis Robinson, Quavon Jones and Deshond Robinson won the high school boys division of the Battle Up Brady
- Cinderella run ends DUBUQUE — The playoff run was fun while it lasted. Dubuque Hempstead, the No. 1-ranked baseball team in Class 4A entering Wednesday, ended Clinton’s chances at back-to-back appearances in the state tournament in Des Moines. The Mustangs knocked out t
Kings feel re-energized (with VIDEOS & PHOTO ALBUM)
CLINTON -- There’s nothing like a postseason run to get the juices flowing again and jumpstart a baseball season that at times was trying.The atmosphere around the Clinton High School program is upbeat these days. One game away from a second consecut
- AGWSR silences Marquette Catholic FORT DODGE — AGWSR of Ackley pitcher Ashley Sicard can add another win to her state tournament resume.AGWSR defeated Marquette Catholic (34-7) 2-0 with both runs coming in the third inning for the Cougars (28-6).In that third inning, the leadoff hitt
- Trio of Queens earn honors ELDRIDGE -- Three members of the Clinton High softball team were named to the All-Mississippi Athletic Conference honorable mention squad Monday.Junior Cara Brewer and sophomores Sydney Davis and Jenna Stremlow received the honors.Brewer, a catcher-t
- Assumption spoils Sabers' strong start MAQUOKETA—Things fell apart quickly for the Central DeWitt Sabers on Monday night, as they fell 5-4 to the Davenport Assumption Knights in the Iowa Class 3A District 7 baseball final, ending their 2014 season.The Sabers (21-19-1) had complete control
A rally fit for Kings (with VIDEO)
ELDRIDGE — It would have been easy for Clinton sophomore Nick Houzenga to be discouraged as he took the mound in the bottom of the first inning of the River Kings’ Class 4A substate semifinal against North Scott.After all, the Lancers had already bui
- More High School Sports Headlines
- Interest in Ernst rises as his game does, too