- High School Sports
- Kings' Robinson trying to keep up with himself CLINTON -- Deshond Robinson knew he was fast, but he didn't know how fast he had become since winning the open 400-meter dash at the Iowa high school state meet last spring. Earlier in his high school career, Robinson was pretty reluctant about comp
- DeWitt heats up on cold night CLINTON -- Following the meet last Tuesday night in Camanche, Central DeWitt coach Eric Olson huddled his girls track team around the finish line after a lukewarm performance. He called out his team for not being aggressive and not having that desire
- Fillies blank the Boilermakers MORRISON, Ill -- Lauren Rice didn't allow a hit and struck out 13 Kewanee batters Tuesday as Morrison defeated the Boilermakers 12-0 in Three Rivers Conference softball. Rice got plenty of offensive support. The Fillies recorded 13 hits. Shannon Finn
- Clinton defeats West DAVENPORT -- Competing without its No. 2 player wasn't enough to stop Clinton's boys tennis team Tuesday. The River Kings defeated Davenport West 6-3, winning four singles matches and two in doubles. Evan Hood, Cyrus Colah, Sameer Ansari and Connor N
- Steamers win on home track FULTON, Ill. -- A couple of minor setbacks didn't really bother Bryce Holesinger at all Tuesday evening. The big picture was bright for Holesinger and his teammates on the Fulton/Fulton Unity boys track team. Not only did the Steamers win their third
- Kings, Rebels 2nd at DeWitt DEWITT -- Clinton claimed second place in the Class A division and Northeast took second in Class B on Tuesday at the Saber Invitational boys track and field meet at Central DeWitt High School. The River Kings finished with 92 points, two ahead of Ma
- Rebels 4th at Beckman DYERSVILLE -- Northeast's boys and girls track teams each placed fourth Friday at the Beckman Invitational. The girls team finished with 115 points, while the boys scored 87. The highlight for the boys was Eli Kaczinski's school-record performance in
Tonight's CHS soccer match postponed
The Clinton High School boys' soccer match against West Liberty scheduled for tonight has been postponed. The match is rescheduled for April 25 at Clinton High School starting at 5:00 p.m.
- Morrison drops 2 to Byron MORRISON, Ill. -- Morrison tried to grab two wins at home against Byron, but the Mustangs didn't have the day they were dreaming, losing both games. Morrison dropped the doubleheader by scores of 12-4 and 11-4. Brock Smith went 3-for-3 in the opener.
- Panthers take 2 from Byron BYRON, Ill. -- Erie/Prophetstown posted a total of 16 runs Saturday in its softball doubleheader sweep against Byron. The Panthers won the first game 5-1, then followed up by taking the second game 11-6. Kylie Ackerman threw all seven innings in Game
- More High School Sports Headlines