- High School Sports
- Last year motivates Marquette WILTON -- Marquette Catholic barely missed making a second consecutive trip to the Iowa softball state tournament a year ago. But, the 3-2 regional final loss to Gilbertville Don Bosco that prevented the return trip is a key reason the Mohawks are he
- Rebels hit roadblock WILTON – The Northeast baseball team has prided itself on making comebacks, especially on the road. Wilton would not let that happen Saturday.The Beavers defeated the Rebels 4-3 in the Class 2A District 10 baseball championship as Wilton starting pit
- Rebels ready to do it on the road again WILTON — Northeast has felt right at home in Wilton the past two years. The Rebels are hoping nothing changes tonight.The Rebels (26-7) return to Wilton tonight to play the host school in the Iowa Class 2A District 10 championship baseball game. The
- Sabers rally for walk-off win MAQUOKETA — Central DeWitt scored a pair of runs in the bottom of the seventh inning, beating Maquoketa 3-2 on Tanner Clark’s single in a Class 3A District 7 semifinal Friday night.The Sabers (21-18-1) will face Davenport Assumption in Monday night’s
- Kings find way to win DUBUQUE – It’s hard to hold onto something when things don’t necessarily go your way. Luckily, the Clinton River Kings kept persevering, allowing them to beat Dubuque Senior 3-2 in eight innings Friday night in a Class 4A Substate 3 first-round baseb
River Kings find a way to advance
Held hitless for seven innings, Clinton managed to send the game into extra innings, then scored twice in the eighth inning and defeated Dubuque Senior 3-2 on Friday in the first round of the Iowa Class 4A Substate 3 baseball tournament.
Caldwell brothers play in 4 state tournaments
Before this academic year, only one Clinton student-athlete had reached the feat of playing in four state tournaments. Since then, though, three more have joined the list.
- River Kings drop decision DAVENPORT — Clinton High ended the baseball regular season on a losing note Wednesday, dropping a 7-1 non-conference decision at Davenport West.It was the second loss in a row for the River Kings (14-21-1) after a three-game winning streak.Alex Peek
Rebels get it rolling (with PHOTO ALBUM)
For one inning, Camanche looked like the team that had gone 14-5 in the second half of the season and was playing its best baseball at the right time of the year.
- Muskies avoid Clinton sweep CLINTON—The Clinton River Kings struggled against the Muscatine Muskies on Senior Night at Ashford University Field, falling to the Muskies 7-1.Clinton (14-20) had taken two games from Muscatine (20-14) on Monday night, but struggled offensively Tues
- More High School Sports Headlines