- High School Sports
River Kings find a way to advance
Held hitless for seven innings, Clinton managed to send the game into extra innings, then scored twice in the eighth inning and defeated Dubuque Senior 3-2 on Friday in the first round of the Iowa Class 4A Substate 3 baseball tournament.
Caldwell brothers play in 4 state tournaments
Before this academic year, only one Clinton student-athlete had reached the feat of playing in four state tournaments. Since then, though, three more have joined the list.
- River Kings drop decision DAVENPORT — Clinton High ended the baseball regular season on a losing note Wednesday, dropping a 7-1 non-conference decision at Davenport West.It was the second loss in a row for the River Kings (14-21-1) after a three-game winning streak.Alex Peek
Rebels get it rolling (with PHOTO ALBUM)
For one inning, Camanche looked like the team that had gone 14-5 in the second half of the season and was playing its best baseball at the right time of the year.
- Muskies avoid Clinton sweep CLINTON—The Clinton River Kings struggled against the Muscatine Muskies on Senior Night at Ashford University Field, falling to the Muskies 7-1.Clinton (14-20) had taken two games from Muscatine (20-14) on Monday night, but struggled offensively Tues
- Irish season ends CALAMUS — After winning the program’s first postseason game in six years, Prince of Peace’s season ended Tuesday in the same fashion that it defeated Easton Valley. Lone Tree center fielder Travis Gillham hit a walk-off three-run home run to enforce
- Clinton pulls out a sweep of Muscatine MUSCATINE — The Clinton River Kings are going to be very familiar with the Muscatine Muskies this week.Clinton won both games Monday in a rescheduled baseball doubleheader with Muscatine, winning Game 1 8-7 in eight innings, then winning the nightcap
- Marquette Catholic comes up big WILTON -- Big plays, big payoffs: the most important rewart a return trip to the Iowa softball state tournament.Marquette Catholic, No. 11 in the Class 1A state rankings, came up big at every turn Monday night and defeated New London 3-0 in the Class
- Camanche cruises WILTON -- After waiting almost 48 hours to complete a game they started Saturday, coach Darryl Cochran and his Camanche Indians weren’t sure what to expect when they resumed their Iowa Class 2A District 10 baseball quarterfinal against Tipton on Mond
- Prince of Peace power CALAMUS — Leave it to one of the smallest kids on the field to have one of the biggest hits in the game.Drew Irish hit a two-run home run — as did Mike Peters before the game was suspended on Saturday night — in a 13-2 Prince of Peace win over Easton
- More High School Sports Headlines
- River Kings find a way to advance