- High School Sports
- Panthers take 2 from Byron BYRON, Ill. -- Erie/Prophetstown posted a total of 16 runs Saturday in its softball doubleheader sweep against Byron. The Panthers won the first game 5-1, then followed up by taking the second game 11-6. Kylie Ackerman threw all seven innings in Game
- Camanche dominates in the doubles DAVENPORT -- Camanche showed its strength in doubles Saturday by claiming the top two spots at the Davenport Assumption Invitational girls tennis meet. The 1-2 finish led the Indians to the team title. Top seeds Kylie Vogel and Lindsey Grams, the 201
- Camanche 6th at Tipton TIPTON -- Derek Harksen picked up two more victories in the sprints to lead Camanche on Thursday at the Tipton Invitational. Harksen won the 200 meters in 22.65 seconds and the 400 in 50.37. The latter had a margin of victory of 2.73 seconds over Nic
Queens break through against Northeast defense
Clinton scored two quick goals late in the second half to secure a 3-0 win against Northeast on Friday in girls soccer.
Strong second half leads Kings to 5-0 soccer win
Clinton scored five goals in the second half to beat Northeast 5-0 on Friday in boys soccer.
- Late goal seals win for Queens CLINTON -- Hannah Dehner and her Clinton High girls soccer teammates figured it was just a matter of time before they broke through with some insurance goals. While one of the Clinton co-coaches said it probably was good for the River Queens to play
- Six seniors announce college plans GOOSE LAKE -- Students, parents and fans all came out of the warm Friday sunshine to pack the Northeast Fine Arts Center and celebrate the college commitments of six student-athletes. The six colleges represented by the half-dozen students are three
- Kings win title at Dunsworth Relays DAVENPORT -- Deshond Robinson anchored the winning 1,600-meter relay, and that victory gave Clinton the margin of victory as it won the title at the Ira Dunsworth Relays in boys track and field Thursday night. It was the first time Clinton had won th
- Clinton tops Northeast 5-0 CLINTON -- The Northeast boys soccer team has some youth, but it hung around with Clinton for the first half. Then, the flood gates opened in the second half as the River Kings defeated the Rebels 5-0. "We controlled the game from the outset, winnin
- Morrison posts 17 on Riverdale PORT BYRON, Ill. -- Morrison once again took care of business on Thursday as they blew out Riverdale 17-0 in five innings. Chelsea Eads and Lauren Rice each hit a home run in the contest, while Eads and three others had extra base hits. The Fillies (
- More High School Sports Headlines